Windows 10: Taskbar ungrouping

Discus and support Taskbar ungrouping in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First of all, can Microsoft please explain me why tabs are being grouped on the Windows 11 taskbar, thus requiring extra mouseclicks to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin Blankendaal, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Taskbar ungrouping

First of all, can Microsoft please explain me why tabs are being grouped on the Windows 11 taskbar, thus requiring extra mouseclicks to open the desired tab? A software company should know every useless click counts on a working day! Being forced to use Microsoft software for 20 years now, an ongoing frustration is the feeling Microsoft programmers don't use the software themselves, since otherwise it would be a lot easier to operate. So, after the big update this week, my tabs are grouped again, and the menu doesn't show me an option to ungroup. Can you please explain me how to get the old W

:)

Martin Blankendaal, Oct 1, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ungroup sessions in the Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to ungroup the sessions for Antares app in the Taskbar, and keep all other apps grouped.

There is a setting we can change to ungroup the applications in the Taskbar. However, this will ungroup all the other applications in the Taskbar as well. You may want to try it and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization and select
      Taskbar from the left pane.
    3. Select Never from the drop down for
      Combine taskbar buttons.

However, we always appreciate our customer’s feedback, and your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Hence, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our
    Feedback Hub, where our developers can look
    into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Ungroup Icons in Taskbar

Hey Bill. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

See if any of these methods to ungroup icons in Windows 11 taskbar have not been undone yet:

https://appuals.com/ungroup-the-tray-icons-in-w...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-ungroup-icons-on-...

https://www.androidauthority.com/ungroup-icons-...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP now Independent Advisor, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Taskbar ungrouping

ungrouping in taskbar

That's currently not supported. I suggest you to drop a feedback to Microsoft on this, using Feedback hub app.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar ungrouping

1. Taskbar ungrouping - Similar Threads - Taskbar ungrouping

2. Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar: Hello everyone! So far, we don't have an option in the Windows 11 taskbar settings to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar, only to ungroup AND show labels. I don't understand why Microsoft does this kind of thing. First, they remove something important,...
  3. Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar: Hello everyone! So far, we don't have an option in the Windows 11 taskbar settings to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar, only to ungroup AND show labels. I don't understand why Microsoft does this kind of thing. First, they remove something important,...
  4. Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup

Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup: Hi, this is Windows 11 22H2 22621.2715.The taskbar settings for grouping/ungrouping icons don't work. I checked another computer with identical Win version and all the taskbar settings are working there. So it must be something wrong with my computer, ignoring the settings...
  5. Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps don't group/ungroup: Hi, this is Windows 11 22H2 22621.2715.The taskbar settings for grouping/ungrouping icons don't work. I checked another computer with identical Win version and all the taskbar settings are working there. So it must be something wrong with my computer, ignoring the settings...
  6. How to ungroup icons on the taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ungroup icons on the taskbar in Windows 11?: When I open multiple Word documents it gets stacked under 1 icon on the Windows taskbar. This is very annoying and a waste of my time. When I want to swich between documents I first have to click on the stack and then click the doc I want. So, I want to ungroup the icons and...
  7. How to ungroup icons on the taskbar in Windows 11?

How to ungroup icons on the taskbar in Windows 11?: When I open multiple Word documents it gets stacked under 1 icon on the Windows taskbar. This is very annoying and a waste of my time. When I want to swich between documents I first have to click on the stack and then click the doc I want. So, I want to ungroup the icons and...
  8. How to ungroup taskbar icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ungroup taskbar icons in Windows 11: How to ungroup taskbar icons in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-ungroup-taskbar-icons-in-windows-11/ea7ab937-7857-4154-818b-cc2e4461ba94
  9. How to ungroup taskbar icons in Windows 11

How to ungroup taskbar icons in Windows 11: How to ungroup taskbar icons in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-ungroup-taskbar-icons-in-windows-11/ea7ab937-7857-4154-818b-cc2e4461ba94
  10. Windows 11 enterprise does not have an taskbar ungroup option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 enterprise does not have an taskbar ungroup option.: I received my windows 11 on Precision, sad it does not have a taskbar ungroup option. all forums say there is no ETA. sad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprise-does-not-have-an-taskbar/b5bd4ee0-8350-4e1f-88fb-23ac18cf9416