Windows 10: Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

Discus and support Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As above however I don't know the scale of the problem, but there sure is no way I can press the windows button and search for programs, Neither does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by baskerbwoii, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

As above however I don't know the scale of the problem, but there sure is no way I can press the windows button and search for programs,

Neither does it work with the "search icon".

I recently had a friend come over and fix a problem with a "ctfmon.exe" file that made my c drive go up to 100% active time and make my PC lag a lot, if the problems are tied I don't know?

Please help with everything you can to fix this problem or optimize my PC I've had so many problems lately... Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard :(

:)

baskerbwoii, Oct 4, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Oct 4, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

1. Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard - Similar Threads - Taskbar unresponsive keyboard

2. My Taskbar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Taskbar is unresponsive: My Taskbar is not working i cant access any of the items that are in the taskbar,i can't acces the start menu and the search bar, my hotkeys are broken i tried using win + r,win + x but it didnt seem to work, i cant acces to settings and upgrade my pc, my ethernet/or LAN is...
  3. My Taskbar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Taskbar is unresponsive: My Taskbar is not working i cant access any of the items that are in the taskbar,i can't acces the start menu and the search bar, my hotkeys are broken i tried using win + r,win + x but it didnt seem to work, i cant acces to settings and upgrade my pc, my ethernet/or LAN is...
  4. Unresponsive Taskbar on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Taskbar on Boot: Hi, there! Thank you for any assistance on this. I have been experiencing an issue where, on the 1st boot or wake-up of my PC, the taskbar is unresponsive. There are no icons visible on my second monitor. On the main monitor, the taskbar is hidden and there is only a spinning...
  5. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Unresponsive: Hello. I have been facing issues with my taskbar as described in a previous query here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-fully-unresponsive/018d41a7-ea1a-4689-b6fd-7c912fc26053My issue, however, is that after having followed said...
  6. taskbar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar is unresponsive: Same thing is happening to me right now. I went out yesterday and bought a new case and aio to replace what I was currently using from a old prebuilt. The build was seemless until I turned it on, I got into windows just fine. After I enter my pin it took at least 3 minutes to...
  7. Keyboard unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard unresponsive: I just installed the new update that windows was pushing today. After a couple hours my keyboard and mouse stopped responding so I restarted my system. The mouse works now but not the keyboard. Yet, when I press any key on the lock screen startup, it opens it to put my...
  8. Unresponsive keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive keyboard: Hi. The keyboard panel of my laptop (Acer TravelMate 249 series) has been unresponsive after the following update (2018-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4471324)). Could anyone please advise me on what I should do? Thank you....
  9. Unresponsive Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Taskbar: Edition is Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 If further information is needed about my computers' specs, they are listed and up to date. I have read various threads in separate forums on this site and was wondering if an update fix has been released in...
  10. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Unresponsive: After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not auto-hide, I cannot right-click on any programs, pressing the start button does nothing (this includes pressing the windows key...