Windows 10: Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After building a new PC and installing Windows 10 via USB, the taskbar and start button just spins and is unresponsive when the 2nd user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Santa8aby, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Santa8aby Win User

Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10

Hello,

After building a new PC and installing Windows 10 via USB, the taskbar and start button just spins and is unresponsive when the 2nd user signs in. When switching back to the first user, the taskbar & start button is normal. Switching back to the 2nd signed in user, it still spins. However, if I force sign-out the 1st user via the task manager, then the start menu and all icons load immediately.

I've tried reinstalling Windows twice, but the issue reoccurs once I add the 2nd user and sign in with that account. Using the steps from

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop-winpc/windows-10-task-bar-fully-unresponsive/018d41a7-ea1a-4689-b6fd-7c912fc26053

Resolves the issue, but once I reboot or sign out and in again with the 2nd user, the issue reoccurs.

Very odd, can anyone assist please?

Below is my msinfo32.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-433241K

System Manufacturer ASUS

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU SKU

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1216, 11/24/2020

SMBIOS Version 3.3

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WI-FI

BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Off

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"

User Name DESKTOP-433241K\scuze

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory RAM 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 27.6 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 30.6 GB

Page File Space 5.00 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

Santa8aby, Dec 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10

Taskbar in Windows 10

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with the Taskbar in your Windows 10 is due to a User Profile corruption. To address this concern, we suggest
    creating a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check if you will have the same issue with your Taskbar. This is for us to test if the issue is isolated with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the Enter key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10

1. Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar Unresponsive 2nd

2. How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?: I need to create a second user name aka user account to do some temporary testing. But I am finding it has become a little more complicated due to recent Windows 10 upgrades.It used to be you could go to Start > Run and type in control userpasswords2orNETPLWIZThis would take...
  3. How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?: I need to create a second user name aka user account to do some temporary testing. But I am finding it has become a little more complicated due to recent Windows 10 upgrades.It used to be you could go to Start > Run and type in control userpasswords2orNETPLWIZThis would take...
  4. Taskbar Unresponsive

Taskbar Unresponsive: Hello. I have been facing issues with my taskbar as described in a previous query here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-fully-unresponsive/018d41a7-ea1a-4689-b6fd-7c912fc26053My issue, however, is that after having followed said...
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive: [ATTACH] 1.The Battery, wifi, sound icon the bottom left of the screen are not working, when i click on them they should open like clicking the wifi icon should show list of available networks but it is not working The icon shown in the picture below also disappeared I...
  6. taskbar is unresponsive

taskbar is unresponsive: Same thing is happening to me right now. I went out yesterday and bought a new case and aio to replace what I was currently using from a old prebuilt. The build was seemless until I turned it on, I got into windows just fine. After I enter my pin it took at least 3 minutes to...
  7. Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user

Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user: Since some month now i faced the follwong problem: If a 2nd user wants to login while another just locked the session this user won't have a working taskbar click on start shortly blacksout screen, hover over taskbar shows loading spinner, no icon but the defaults are loaded....
  8. 2nd Taskbar appears on 2nd monitor.

2nd Taskbar appears on 2nd monitor.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CoffeeMate90210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9b0qc/2nd_taskbar_appears_on_2nd_monitor/
  9. Unresponsive Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Taskbar: Edition is Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 If further information is needed about my computers' specs, they are listed and up to date. I have read various threads in separate forums on this site and was wondering if an update fix has been released in...
  10. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Unresponsive: After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not auto-hide, I cannot right-click on any programs, pressing the start button does nothing (this includes pressing the windows key...