Windows 10: Taskbar Unresponsive

Discus and support Taskbar Unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZJE123, Dec 28, 2015.

1. ZJE123 Win User

Taskbar Unresponsive

After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not auto-hide, I cannot right-click on any programs, pressing the start button does nothing (this includes pressing the windows key on my keyboard), the Windows store app icon in the taskbar is now blank and pressing on it does nothing, however: pressing the search bar "ask me anything" does seem to open it up sometimes, but not all the time. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Obviously, restarting the computer does nothing.

I have already tried the sfc /scannow process in the Command Prompt and it found no errors.

I have also tried the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth process but this just causes the Command Prompt to hang indefinitely.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

:)

ZJE123, Dec 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 taskbar not responding

Tried the above recommendation. Taskbar still unresponsive.

WilliamShedrick, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Taskbar Is unresponsive

should i install avast now ?

Kastriot Qerimi, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar Unresponsive

1. Taskbar Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Taskbar Unresponsive

2. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  3. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  4. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  5. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  6. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My Taskbar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Taskbar is unresponsive: My Taskbar is not working i cant access any of the items that are in the taskbar,i can't acces the start menu and the search bar, my hotkeys are broken i tried using win + r,win + x but it didnt seem to work, i cant acces to settings and upgrade my pc, my ethernet/or LAN is...
  8. My Taskbar is unresponsive

My Taskbar is unresponsive: My Taskbar is not working i cant access any of the items that are in the taskbar,i can't acces the start menu and the search bar, my hotkeys are broken i tried using win + r,win + x but it didnt seem to work, i cant acces to settings and upgrade my pc, my ethernet/or LAN is...
  9. Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...: My taskbar and start button are unresponsive. When I look up possibly troubleshooting tips they say I need to check for updates but I cannot access my settings app as well. Not sure what to do next...
  10. Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...

Hello, some of the features on my taskbar and my start button are unresponsive. I am on...: My taskbar and start button are unresponsive. When I look up possibly troubleshooting tips they say I need to check for updates but I cannot access my settings app as well. Not sure what to do next...