Windows 10: Taskbar Unresponsive

Discus and support Taskbar Unresponsive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have been facing issues with my taskbar as described in a previous query here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SydneyBruenen, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Taskbar Unresponsive

Hello. I have been facing issues with my taskbar as described in a previous query here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-fully-unresponsive/018d41a7-ea1a-4689-b6fd-7c912fc26053My issue, however, is that after having followed said instructions to fix the issue, the problem has not been solved. I am also unable to access any other programs other than those on my desktop, as well ask task manager and power shell admin. I have also tried to install and reinstall Microsoft apps, utilizing power shell admin, and this has also failed. Is anyone able to help? :

:)

SydneyBruenen, Jul 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar Unresponsive

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar Unresponsive

1. Taskbar Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Taskbar Unresponsive

2. Taskbar Is Unresponsive and Files Are Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Is Unresponsive and Files Are Corrupt: For months now my taskbar and anything that uses the taskbar to open has not been working. I can't click anything on the taskbar such as my search bar, windows I can't use the windows key either to open it, notification, cortana, taskview, volume, Windows work space, Internet...
  3. Recent windows 10 update august 2021 makes my taskbar icons unresponsive

Recent windows 10 update august 2021 makes my taskbar icons unresponsive: For some reason, the recent windows 10 version 21H1 makes the volume, battery on a laptop btw, sound settings, calendar, and other icons that only have a drop down menu unresponsive when clicked on. Now I'm not sure if it's the update, or the computer itself, but I haven't...
  4. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update KB5003173 I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second...
  5. computer wont stop crashing/restarting, mouse is unresponsive and the apps and taskbar are gone

computer wont stop crashing/restarting, mouse is unresponsive and the apps and taskbar are gone: computer was really laggy and unresponsive so i restarted it a few times until it was brought to a page where it said that my pc ran into a problem and it needs to be restarted , from there it just went on an endless loop and kept on going back to the restarting page over and...
  6. Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday: After a random window update yesterday 26/6, I could not interact with my taskbar nor open settings through shortcuts win i , so I could not revert the update. How can I fix this?...
  7. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second before...
  8. Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive: Hello,I have recently been encountering an issue, where often after my laptop goes to sleep mode and then wakes all the desktop icons and taskbar completely glitch out and look scrambled and nothing is functional. Also any background image turns black. Strangely enough if I...
  9. White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning

White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning: Hello, I am using my ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10 installed. I am currently facing an issue where the entirety of windows has become unresponsive. I am looking at my homescreen which shows all of the apps present on my desktop. Behind it is a white background which is...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive: [ATTACH] 1.The Battery, wifi, sound icon the bottom left of the screen are not working, when i click on them they should open like clicking the wifi icon should show list of available networks but it is not working The icon shown in the picture below also disappeared I...