Windows 10: Taskbar versus tiles

Discus and support Taskbar versus tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had a ms update, I don't know if this caused my problem, or if I did something. I have lost my taskbar which helps me navigate between programs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaroleCrosby, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Taskbar versus tiles

Hi, I had a ms update, I don't know if this caused my problem, or if I did something. I have lost my taskbar which helps me navigate between programs. The task bar usually sits at the bottom of my screen, but instead they now show on tiles on my worktop. I would prefer my taskbar back please? My chrome google browser got changed to the microsoft one at the same time, but I have managed to download chrome google browser. Rgds, Carole

:)

CaroleCrosby, Jan 14, 2021

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jan 14, 2021
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Taskbar versus tiles

Black tile on taskbar

I have a black tile on the taskbar. It will not run anything and I have not been able to remove it. It says it is for Hulu when I right click on it, but I do have another Hulu shortcut on the taskbar that works. The two items in the context menu are "Hulu" and "Pin to taskbar". Clicking either one does nothing. What I really want to do is remove it. I have piddled around on my own. There is no shortcut in the directory associated with those tiles, and the reg key has a ton of stuff that is in binary. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about removing it?

Adding screenshots:

Taskbar versus tiles V9MRS.png

Taskbar versus tiles qy86N.png

user3179754, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar versus tiles

1. Taskbar versus tiles - Similar Threads - Taskbar versus tiles

2. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  3. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  4. W10 versus W8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 versus W8.1: Hi, I bought a W8.1 license in 2015 and after a few weeks Microsoft asked me if I wanted to switch to W10 at no cost and I accepted. I've been using the W10 ever since. Now if I want to reinstall W that will be reinstalled W8.1 or W10. I specify that I have a W8.1 license...
  5. sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep: How to enter hybrid sleep? For a long time, but not forever on win10, this Asus 2 in 1 laptop can never awake from sleep, it hard locks in sleep when it goes to sleep on its own, And usually hard locks within a few minutes. I told it NEVER to shut down when on AC power, so...
  6. taskbar at bottom: icons gone and replaced by tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar at bottom: icons gone and replaced by tiles: Dear Help apologies I am sure this is basic but somehow the look of my windows 10 has changed I like my taskbar at bottom full of clickable pinne icons; word, firefox, windows explorer etc they have vanished and also the icons in the mainscreen have vanished. they are...
  7. Start Tile vs Taskbar

Start Tile vs Taskbar: I would like to pin a site to a tile on start menu and all help I have found tells me how easy it is three dots, you know. However my option only gives me the ability to pin it to the Taskbar not the start menu. Did I flip something to take away this choice?...
  8. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....
  9. Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?: If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar and/or a tile. Is this possible? 79716
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...