Windows 10: Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

Discus and support Taskbar volume control stopped responding. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I loaded Windows version 2004. Now my taskbar speaker volume icon won't respond. Is this a known problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hw7426, Jun 27, 2020.

1. hw7426 Win User

Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

I loaded Windows version 2004. Now my taskbar speaker volume icon won't respond. Is this a known problem?

:)

hw7426, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Wishing to lock volume control as an administrator

Hello,

You can use Family Safety to monitor the accessed websites, search history, and the apps and games they're opening. Currently, there is no way to control the volume of your device through Family Safety. However, we'd like to suggest in hiding the volume
    control from the taskbar. Here's how you can do this:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard or click Start.
    • On the Cortana search box, type Taskbar Settings and click the result.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn Off the toggle for Volume.
    • Verify that the volume is removed from the taskbar.

Let us know if you were able to hide the volume control.

Ian Ser, Jun 27, 2020
  3. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

Taskbar volume control gone after Windows 10 update

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried checking if the Volume icon on the Notifications & actions settings is turned on?

Here's how:

• Click on Start, then select Settings.
    • Go to Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is On.

You can also check Jesinta Rozario's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

1. Taskbar volume control stopped responding. - Similar Threads - Taskbar volume control

2. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped responding to the controller.: I dont know what the hell happened.i conncted the controller to the computer with a usb cable.the Home button is ligthened up so i know the controller was recognized by the PC.but when i press on buttons nothing happens.i know the controller is working becuse i was testing...
  3. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stopped responding to the controller.: I dont know what the hell happened.i conncted the controller to the computer with a usb cable.the Home button is ligthened up so i know the controller was recognized by the PC.but when i press on buttons nothing happens.i know the controller is working becuse i was testing...
  4. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume control stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume control stops working: Hi yall,I have a problem with the volume control on the taskbar that stops working. It is then only possible to configure the output sound using settings.I have restarted the windows audio service and ran the sound troubleshooter.Have also rebooted.Please help,Carl...
  6. Volume control stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control stops working: Hi yall,I have a problem with the volume control on the taskbar that stops working. It is then only possible to configure the output sound using settings.I have restarted the windows audio service and ran the sound troubleshooter.Have also rebooted.Please help,Carl...
  7. Volume control key only responds once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control key only responds once: Hello, The volume/brightness control buttons on the keyboard only respond once and I have to wait for the volume/brightness status pop-up to disappear before the buttons would work again. I used to be able to keep my finger down on the button and change the...
  8. taskbar volume control icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar volume control icon: cannot adjust volume from taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-icon/79214b7a-9a50-4e39-925c-968b6aa8fc5b
  9. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...
  10. Volume control stopped working

Volume control stopped working: Normally, with Windows 10, if I use the slider and turn off the Volume in my taskbar, if I play a video or whatever, I cannot hear anything. But lately all of a sudden, even if the Volume Control is off, the sound is still on if I do anything on my computer, which is not good...