Windows 10: Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode

Discus and support Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My local pc taskbar is showing when I go into remote desktop mode. It never used to be so I've obviously done something to keep it there but can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SallyWard1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode

My local pc taskbar is showing when I go into remote desktop mode. It never used to be so I've obviously done something to keep it there but can't hide it now. I need the remote desktop taskbar to show.

:)

SallyWard1, Oct 27, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Autohide Taskbar in Desktop Mode

Hi Niel,

In rare cases, you may be having an issue with Autohide Taskbar in desktop mode when you when you just recently did an upgrade on your PC. Autohide Taskbar Option might have got unchecked during the process. We would suggest you try the following steps to enable
    Autohide taskbar and check if it makes any difference.

a. Right-click on the Taskbar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the taskbar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode

1. Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar Remote Desktop

2. Fix Remote Desktop Licensing Mode is not configured

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Remote Desktop Licensing Mode is not configured: Having fully installed Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on a server with the RD Connection Broker and RDS licensing set per user and everything is working with a valid license. After some time you notice a popup when you connect saying, Remote Desktop licensing mode is not...
  3. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  4. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  5. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar: When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second monitor. Has anyone else had this issue since the last Windows update? submitted by /u/asdfasdff3wer [link] [comments]...
  7. Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...: As a company, we have clients connect to our network using a VPN and MSTSC. Since our company has gone fully remote, many of our users are experiencing a significant number of remote session freezes which require a disconnect and reconnect to the remote session. Mouse...
  8. Remote desktop during standby mode

Remote desktop during standby mode: The remote desktop is not accessible when this computer using Windows 10 professional is in standby mode. How can this be remedied? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-during-standby-mode/f2579c71-c2ce-4586-affa-aa5a8d55b5c4
  9. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  10. Taskbar not visible in Remote Desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar not visible in Remote Desktop on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users have been reporting not being able to see the taskbar when connecting to a computer via RDP. The Remote Desktop Connection feature makes the use of RDP (or Remote Desktop Protocol) for the user to access a remote [...] This post Taskbar not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar not hiding when in remote desktop