Windows 10: Taskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image

Discus and support Taskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My client is building a Windows 10 image for his organization. The issue he's running into is that he is removing Edge and the MS Store from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrew_CSI, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Taskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image

My client is building a Windows 10 image for his organization. The issue he's running into is that he is removing Edge and the MS Store from the taskbar but the settings will not keep. All other settings are saving correctly to the image. Any suggestions?

:)

Andrew_CSI, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsTaskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Taskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image

1. Taskbar will not keep settings on master Windows 10 image - Similar Threads - Taskbar keep settings

2. Windows 10 taskbar settings crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar settings crashing: Hello,Just discovered that when i try to right click taskbar and go to settings, it crashes.I tried getting there from Control Panel and same thing.How can i solve this?Thanks,Adrian...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar settings crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar settings crashing: Hello,Just discovered that when i try to right click taskbar and go to settings, it crashes.I tried getting there from Control Panel and same thing.How can i solve this?Thanks,Adrian...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing: This is a recurring problem that happens every few minutes. The taskbar freezes and does not update whe I hover my mouse over it. Windos shortcuts such as Windows key + r or Windows key + shift + s don't work properly, and even Alt + Tab doesn't work when trying to jump to a...
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing: This is a recurring problem that happens every few minutes. The taskbar freezes and does not update whe I hover my mouse over it. Windos shortcuts such as Windows key + r or Windows key + shift + s don't work properly, and even Alt + Tab doesn't work when trying to jump to a...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Settings/Taskbar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings/Taskbar problem: Hello, what can I do to fix the problem im experiencing with my laptop. Everytime i try to open the start menu its not working, and the settings. and when i try to open settings via run a tab appears saying file system error. thanks...
  8. Windows 10 Master Images in 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Master Images in 2020: It's been a couple years now since I installed my OS, and I'm thinking of doing a re-install. However, I'd like to create a master image in a VM and load it up with programs and basic files I'll need beforehand to skip that drudgery. Is there any good, up to date...
  9. Including drivers for multiple devices into a master image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Including drivers for multiple devices into a master image: Hello everyone,I am looking for a way to put a bunch of drivers for multiple laptops and desktops, to automatically them after being imaged from a universal image I'm building with Windows 10 1809. Does anyone have any recommendations on how this can be completed? 124748
  10. Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting: Windows Taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting after a reboot . ASUS Audio Center is OK,setting stay fine If I shut down They will stick .Upon reboot They reset to 2 channel and 16bit 44100 Hz ,have to keep resetting themThank youwindows 10 ent 16294RS3Asus...