Windows 10: Taskbar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions.

Discus and support Taskbar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Using Windows 10 1909 (18636.720) This is something that I think has been discussed in the past but now that I have finally shutdown for good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3d1l, Mar 16, 2020.

1. 3d1l Win User

Taskbar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions.

Hello,

Using Windows 10 1909 (18636.720)

This is something that I think has been discussed in the past but now that I have finally shutdown for good my last Windows 7 VM, continues to bother me. I'm having this issue with Windows 10 when arranging multiple windows. On previous Windows versions if you went to the task bar and right clicked on it, you have the options to cascade the windows, to stack the windows or to show the windows side by side. With Windows 10 the options are listed but when they are selected the windows are not properly positioned. For example the windows are not positioned side by side and empty spaces are always present in the screen. Not only that but also the borders of the windows are not neatly close together and gaps are left between windows borders. All what I have been able to find on other forums or blogs is to use what is called Aero Snap and to use the arrow keys in combination with the window key or use the mouse to move the window to a border and then select the other windows etc, etc. That is not a valid option for me:

1. There are moments where I have more than four windows.
    2. There are moments where I need all windows vertically adjusted side by side equally sized occupying the entire screen without gaps between windows, and the last point...
    3. Using the task bar - right click - selecting the window arrangement option is way more effective, efficient and easy than using multiple key combos or using the mouse to manually arrange the windows.

I was told to turn off the Aero Snap feature but then other problems arise after deactivation and it makes no difference with or without Aero snap when you select the windows arrangement options from the task bar they didn't work. Then I read something about stopping or closing all metro apps but that's not clear to me and having to close multiple metro apps each and every time that I have to arrange windows is not a valid option and I don't use metro apps that much except for those like the Windows 10 settings. Is there a way to fix the problem so that when you select the windows arrangement option from the task bar it works properly?

Please advise.

:)

2. 3d1l Win User

Task bar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions.

Hello,

Using Windows 10 1909 (18636.720)

This is something that I think has been discussed in the past but now that I have finally shutdown for good my last Windows 7 VM, continues to bother me. I'm having this issue with Windows 10 when arranging multiple windows. On previous Windows versions if you went to the task bar and right clicked on it, you have the options to cascade the windows, to stack the windows or to show the windows side by side. With Windows 10 the options are listed but when they are selected the windows are not properly positioned. For example the windows are not positioned side by side and empty spaces are always present in the screen. Not only that but also the borders of the windows are not neatly close together and gaps are left between windows borders. All what I have been able to find on other forums or blogs is to use what is called Aero Snap and to use the arrow keys in combination with the window key or use the mouse to move the window to a border and then select the other windows etc, etc. That is not a valid option for me:

1. There are moments where I have more than four windows.
    2. There are moments where I need all windows vertically adjusted side by side equally sized occupying the entire screen without gaps between windows, and the last point...
    3. Using the task bar - right click - selecting the window arrangement option is way more effective, efficient and easy than using multiple key combos or using the mouse to manually arrange the windows.

I was told to turn off the Aero Snap feature but then other problems arise after deactivation and it makes no difference with or without Aero snap when you select the windows arrangement options from the task bar they didn't work. Then I read something about stopping or closing all metro apps but that's not clear to me and having to close multiple metro apps each and every time that I have to arrange windows is not a valid option and I don't use metro apps that much except for those like the Windows 10 settings. Is there a way to fix the problem so that when you select the windows arrangement option from the task bar it works properly?

Please advise.

3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions. - Similar Threads - Taskbar arragements working

2. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  3. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  4. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  5. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  6. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  7. Older "version" of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  8. Windows Store not working in older version (2016)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store not working in older version (2016): hello i am using a two-in-one tablet pc which has intel atom processor and 2GB of DDR3 RAM. I tried using latest version but it is just too slow.. i installed the older version but the store app isnt working, help? submitted by /u/2kmonsty [link] [comments]...
  9. Task bar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Task bar windows arragements not working like older Windows versions.: Hello, Using Windows 10 1909 (18636.720) This is something that I think has been discussed in the past but now that I have finally shutdown for good my last Windows 7 VM, continues to bother me. I'm having this issue with Windows 10 when arranging multiple windows. On...
  10. Swapping to an older version of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Swapping to an older version of windows: Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks....