Windows 10: Taskbar / Windows Explorer repeatedly crashing / flashing / resetting

Discus and support Taskbar / Windows Explorer repeatedly crashing / flashing / resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the latest update, my taskbar and Explorer have been going nuts. I've rolled back my updates for months, and turned off Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidvkimball, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Taskbar / Windows Explorer repeatedly crashing / flashing / resetting

Ever since I installed the latest update, my taskbar and Explorer have been going nuts. I've rolled back my updates for months, and turned off Windows update to prevent it. So months after its release, I finally reinstalled Version 21H1 again, and am continuing to have the same problems as before. Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎18/‎2020 OS build 19043.1165 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 It's very frustrating and disruptive, and I have all of the latest updates. Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?

:)

davidvkimball, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 15, 2021
  3. internet explorer crashing

Hey,

I can understand how frustrating this would be.

Please confirm what happened when you tried the above mentioned steps.

If not then I would suggest you to try again.

I would also suggest you to refer to the mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of
    Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all
    previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Aug 15, 2021
  4. Harvy Win User

Taskbar / Windows Explorer repeatedly crashing / flashing / resetting

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar / Windows Explorer repeatedly crashing / flashing / resetting

1. Taskbar / Windows Explorer repeatedly crashing / flashing / resetting - Similar Threads - Taskbar Explorer repeatedly

2. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  3. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  4. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar/Windows Explorer Crashing on Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar/Windows Explorer Crashing on Boot: I just installed a fresh copy of windows on a new PC. My taskbar/star menu/explorer has been acting very weird... Every time I boot: Taskbar will be blank and the windows button will not work Mousing over the taskbar will show a loading circle After a minute or two, or if...
  6. Windows taskbar repeating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar repeating: no clue where this should actually be put or how it should be labeled... When I put Chrome have not yet worked to replicate with other applications in full-screen mode, after 3 - 5 minutes, the Windows task bar repeats 6 times horizontally, covering the entire screen....
  7. Flashing taskbar/blackscreen, windows fille explorer keeps crashing. HELP???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing taskbar/blackscreen, windows fille explorer keeps crashing. HELP???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Haselsshhh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5gkky/flashing_taskbarblackscreen_windows_fille/
  8. Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup: Ihave the exact same problem descrived here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/explorerexe-keeps-stopping-or-crashing-windows-10/a9d24ccb-d935-49fc-a72a-8cefe8648378 At startup and on other occasions, something crashes...
  9. Explorer crashes repeatedly, so can't start windows update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Explorer crashes repeatedly, so can't start windows update?: Hello, all. Explorer keeps crashing, continuously. How do I start windows update from the command line? Cheers. 11690
  10. Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.: I need help fixing this! I cant reformat my PC though. 101168