Windows 10: taskbar/windows icon

Discus and support taskbar/windows icon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and have been adjusting some of the default settings and software. Somehow I have managed to create a situation where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarylJones2, Nov 21, 2019.

1. taskbar/windows icon

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and have been adjusting some of the default settings and software. Somehow I have managed to create a situation where the home screen, immediately upon booting up, dims and the screen has a row of permanent vertical icons on the left side, three on the top and two on the bottom. I can neither left or right click on the home screen and right clicking the taskbar results in a different popup menu than it apparently should. The top two options are: Show App Icons, and Automatically Hide The Taskbar. I have been unable to find any online help sites that even address this let alone help me solve the issues.

:)

DarylJones2, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 21, 2019
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

taskbar/windows icon

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

taskbar/windows icon

1. taskbar/windows icon - Similar Threads - taskbar icon

2. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  3. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  4. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  6. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  7. How do I remove the news icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the news icon from taskbar: So, I continually remove the news icon from windows taskbar. Every week or so, it pops back.Now, I cannot remove it from the taskbar. Right click no resultOther taskbar icons, I can remove, add, whatever.The Microsoft news icon will not allow me to remove it.Please...
  8. How do I remove the news icon from taskbar

How do I remove the news icon from taskbar: So, I continually remove the news icon from windows taskbar. Every week or so, it pops back.Now, I cannot remove it from the taskbar. Right click no resultOther taskbar icons, I can remove, add, whatever.The Microsoft news icon will not allow me to remove it.Please...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....