Windows 10: Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks...

Discus and support Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I believe this started after an update, but I now cannot locate that update in the update history. After restarting my computer two days ago, I was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cmmcgannon, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks...

I believe this started after an update, but I now cannot locate that update in the update history. After restarting my computer two days ago, I was no longer able to left-click on the Sound Icon, the Network Icon, or the Calendar. To be more specific, I can right-click on these icons to get some additional options such as troubleshooting options for those specific functions, but if I simply left-click on these icons nothing happens.

In a strangely inverse problem, I can left click on any program icons, such as Chrome, Word, Steam, etc., but right-clicking on these icons does nothing.

I have tried stopping Windows Explorer, restarting Windows Explore, checking for additional updates, and restarting the computer. I've also run SFC with no luck.

:)

cmmcgannon, Jul 31, 2020

2. Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks on Program Icons

I believe this started after an update, but I now cannot locate that update in the update history. After restarting my computer two days ago, I was no longer able to left-click on the Sound Icon, the Network Icon, or the Calendar. To be more specific, I
    can right-click on these icons to get some additional options (such as troubleshooting options for those specific functions), but if I simply left-click on these icons nothing happens.

In a strangely inverse problem, I can left click on any program icons, such as Chrome, Word, Steam, etc., but right-clicking on these icons does nothing.

I have tried stopping Windows Explorer, restarting Windows Explore, checking for additional updates, and restarting the computer. I've also run SFC with no luck.

cmmcgannon, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks on Program Icons

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

We recommend you to try the steps provided by Andre on this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks...

Windows 10 taskbar won't display Microsoft Edge Icon

Hello Stephen,

We understand your concern in this regard. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• You mean to say, Microsoft Edge icon won't appear on taskbar?
    • Is that problem with Icon appearance or Icon itself won't display?
    • Are you able to see it in Start Menu or under All apps?
    • If yes, are you able to access Microsoft Edge without any issues from there?
    • How about other apps, that appear on taskbar?

Give us these details to assist you better.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks...

1. Taskbar Won't Display Sound Icon, Network Icon, or Calendar, and Won't Allow Right Clicks... - Similar Threads - Taskbar Won't Display

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Taskbar broken, always on top and won't allow right clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar broken, always on top and won't allow right clicks: My taskbar is kind of broken. I can't right click on icons anymore and sometimes it hovers over my fullscreen programs. i.e.: i have dota 2 open, but the taskbar is over it. it's not that dota end above the taskbar - dota is fullscreen but the taskbar is over it and blocking...
  5. Right click on taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click on taskbar icons not working: After windows 2004 update and some other updates right click on taskbar icons not working. I tried several solutions with powershell or with repair install but no luck. I am trying to avoid clean install, I think that the problem is coming with some cumulative. Any solution...
  6. Cant right click taskbar icons

Cant right click taskbar icons: I cannot Right click on my open programs from my taskbar. I also cant left click on my speaker icon to switch sound devicesspeakers to headset. But i can right click to open the settings and all that on the speaker icon. And right click works on all the open programs. This...
  7. Calendar and Notifications won't open when clicking on taskbar icons.

Calendar and Notifications won't open when clicking on taskbar icons.: Can't open calendar and notification apps on taskbar. Tried all sorts of different potential fixes posted on a related "closed" thread and nothing works. However, I've signed on another family member and apps appear. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  8. System icons won't display

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons won't display: OK, so the latest of my problems with Win10, I just got done repairing a Winsock file missing issue, after the reboot the "volume" icon doesn't appear at bottom right any more. Volume works fine, and I can adjust it elsewhere, but it will not display. System settings won't...
  9. icons on taskbar won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on taskbar won't work: Just updated today with this new Win 10 Update and talk about screwing things up. Every one of my icons that I have on my Taskbar won't work. First off, they are no longer icons just blank except of course anything that is Microsoft isn't except for file explorer, it no...
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....