Windows 10: Taskbar won't go away on main monitor when in fullscreen mode.

Discus and support Taskbar won't go away on main monitor when in fullscreen mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried looking at similar questions, but they're all from 3+ years ago and most are unanswered. When I try to use an app, game, etc. in fullscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alveolion, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Alveolion Win User

Taskbar won't go away on main monitor when in fullscreen mode.

I've tried looking at similar questions, but they're all from 3+ years ago and most are unanswered.
    When I try to use an app, game, etc. in fullscreen mode on the monitor I've assigned as my main one, my taskbar stays up and blocks that part of the screen. It's very annoying, but I have no clue how to fix it.

I'm not asking about how to auto-hide the taskbar, its a bit too much of a nuclear option for me and doesn't even work but that's besides the point.

I'm using Windows 10, and this problem pops up at least once a month, often more.

Any solution would be very much appreciated.

:)

Alveolion, Oct 17, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

Let's try an attempt at resetting default computer settings by doing simple steps.

1) Right click on the Taskbar, and uncheck Lock the taskbar
    2) Click-and-drag the Taskbar over to the left side of the screen, and let go of the mouse click, to set the Taskbar over there
    3) Again, now click-and-drag the Taskbar from the left part of your screen right back down to the bottom
    4) Right click on the Taskbar, and check Lock the taskbar

Try running full screen applications.

Taskbar won't go away on main monitor when in fullscreen mode. [​IMG]

pepanee, Oct 17, 2020
  3. taskbar in fullscreen mode

Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a short list of apps that this happens in:
    Google Chrome version 55 (youtube, netflix, crunchyroll)
    Firefox version 50 (youtube, netflix, crunchyroll)
    VLC Media Player version 2.2.2 (locally stored content)
    numerous games from Steam with the exception of a couple.
    As far as I know there were no windows updates and no additional programs downloaded since it last worked as I wanted it to. As stated above I never enabled auto hide as I know this would solve the issue but I find that more troublesome than this bar. I have windows 10 anniversary update. If more information would help fix this issue I would be happy to assist.
    Attached is an example.

Taskbar won't go away on main monitor when in fullscreen mode. [​IMG]

demolishun, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Zemphi Win User

Taskbar when running game fullscreen borderless (dual monitors)

Hi,

The guy in this post asks if the update will fix his taskbar issue, not causing it.

Witch is currently my case, since I literally have to force it up, sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get it to show when I am ingame playing in fullscreen window mode.

Considering removing one or both of the updates to try and figure out witch one of them did it, since there was 2 updates 1 day apart for me.

The game itself acts like it's tabbed out when I tab/click my 2nd monitor but the taskbar doesn't show when doing that.

The issue is only in windowed fullscreen and no taskbar settings has been added so it has something to do with the update. I tried going to fullscreen and back agian to borderless windowed but it's still there, in all games I play with this setting. They
    fked it up that's for sure...

-L

Zemphi, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar won't go away on main monitor when in fullscreen mode. - Similar Threads - Taskbar won't away

2. Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors: Hello fellas,I need your help because i have a really annoying problem !I recently bought a new 4K monitor Samsung Odyssey G70A in addition to my AOC FULL-HD monitor. Every time that i'm ALT-TAB or press Windows key to go back on my desktop in my Full-screen game, all apps...
  3. Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors: Hello fellas,I need your help because i have a really annoying problem !I recently bought a new 4K monitor Samsung Odyssey G70A in addition to my AOC FULL-HD monitor. Every time that i'm ALT-TAB or press Windows key to go back on my desktop in my Full-screen game, all apps...
  4. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  5. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  6. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  8. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. taskbar in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar in fullscreen mode: Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a...