Windows 10: taskbar wont go away when playing games

Discus and support taskbar wont go away when playing games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know why. It is because i moved my primary taskbar to my 2nd monitor but I really want my primary taskbar on my 2nd monitor since my temps and usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WeeabooAlfie, May 28, 2020.

1. taskbar wont go away when playing games

I know why. It is because i moved my primary taskbar to my 2nd monitor but I really want my primary taskbar on my 2nd monitor since my temps and usage are taskbar icons.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is there another method to display taskbar icons on the 2nd monitor other than dragging your main taskbar to your 2nd monitor?

submitted by /u/WeeabooAlfie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WeeabooAlfie, May 28, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get the Taskbar while playing games in Full screen mode. Ideally, some games allow you to hide the Taskbar while playing games and some will show the Taskbar by default. We would like to know, if this issue occurs with all the
    games or only with one particular game.

If you are facing this issue with one particular game, then there must be some in game setting that you might have to change. If you are facing this issue with all the games, then you can try one workaround and see if that helps.

The workaround is to close Windows Explorer process while you are playing game. This will allow you to play the game uninterruptedly. However, when you End the Windows Explorer process, all the windows that are running in the background will be closed,
    which allow you to play the game without any interruption of the Taskbar. When you want all the windows back, you can restart the Windows Explorer process.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key while playing game, this will open
      Task Manager.
    2. Look for Windows Explorer process, right click on it and select
      End Task.
    3. When you want the windows back, open Task Manager by following
      Step 1, and click on File.
    4. Click on Run new task, type
      explorer.exe
      and click on OK. Windows Explorer will be restarted and you will have all the windows back again.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2020
  3. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 28, 2020
  4. taskbar wont go away when playing games

Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Taskbar pops up when the mouse hovers at the bottom of the screen, while the game is running in Full screen mode. Ideally, some games allow you to hide the Taskbar while playing games and some will show the Taskbar by default.
    We would like to know, if this issue occurs with all the games or only with one particular game.

If you are facing this issue with one particular game, then there must be some in game setting that you might have to change. If you are facing this issue with all the games, then you can try one workaround and see if that helps.

The workaround is to close Windows Explorer process while you are playing game. This will allow you to play the game uninterruptedly. However, when you End the Windows Explorer process, all the windows that are running in the background will be closed,
    which allow you to play the game without any interruption of the Taskbar. When you want all the windows back, you can restart the Windows Explorer process.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key while playing game, this will open
      Task Manager.
    2. Look for Windows Explorer process, right click on it and select
      End Task.
    3. When you want the windows back, open Task Manager by following
      Step 1, and click on File.
    4. Click on Run new task, type
      explorer.exe
      and click on OK. Windows Explorer will be restarted and you will have all the windows back again.

Meanwhile, I would also encourage you to provide a feedback using the
    feedback hub
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 28, 2020
Thema:

taskbar wont go away when playing games

1. taskbar wont go away when playing games - Similar Threads - taskbar wont away

2. Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen: Games work fine in fullscreen, but have the taskbar visible on top of the game window in windowedfullscreen. Game max native resolution is 3440x1440 and my monitor is 3840x1600. How do I fix this?...
  3. Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen: Games work fine in fullscreen, but have the taskbar visible on top of the game window in windowedfullscreen. Game max native resolution is 3440x1440 and my monitor is 3840x1600. How do I fix this?...
  4. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  5. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  6. Taskbar not going away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  7. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  8. screen in game frozen wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen in game frozen wont go away: I stupidly installed a VISTA game disc on my Windows 10 laptop. After launching the program, a screen has frozen. Its on full view so anything I try to do ie TASK MGR is opening behind it. I can see task mgr in the bar on the bottom and it pops up when I hover over it, but...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. taskbar hover names wont go away

taskbar hover names wont go away: Hey all So I don't normally have issues with windows but this is persistent and annoying. whenever I hover over a program in my taskbar, it shows the name above it, even after I stop hovering. video here. any help is appreciated as its completely random and I cant fix it....