Windows 10: Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start

Discus and support Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is really weird behavior. I have always set my taskbar to autohide through every iteration of windows. Lately I switched to windows 11 and noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blaford, Nov 28, 2022.

1. blaford Win User

Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start

This is really weird behavior. I have always set my taskbar to autohide through every iteration of windows. Lately I switched to windows 11 and noticed some annoying behavior. If I move the mouse curse down to the taskbar to say check the time the taskbar doesn't hide again when I move the cursor away. The only solution I have found to this is to click on the start menu and then click outside the menu that pops us.I have found several topics related to this, but not quite what I'm describing. The Taskbar does autohide, but not the way it should. I am sure this is not the intended behavior of

:)

blaford, Nov 28, 2022

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Nov 28, 2022
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start

Home screen won,t start tried reboot won't start either.

Home screen won,t start tried reboot still won't start?

ThomasHill_660, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start

1. Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start - Similar Threads - Taskbar Won't Hide

2. My laptop won't start unless i press F11 and select the new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't start unless i press F11 and select the new SSD: I made a mistake and i can't fix it. Here are the steps that got me here:1- I bought a new SSD for my laptop then i replaced it with the old one.2- Downloaded Media creation to a USB flash drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 to the SSD.3- Replaced the old SSD with the new...
  3. My laptop won't start unless i press F11 and select the new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't start unless i press F11 and select the new SSD: I made a mistake and i can't fix it. Here are the steps that got me here:1- I bought a new SSD for my laptop then i replaced it with the old one.2- Downloaded Media creation to a USB flash drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 to the SSD.3- Replaced the old SSD with the new...
  4. My laptop won't start unless i press F11 and select the new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't start unless plugged in.: I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery...
  6. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't start unless plugged in.: I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery...
  7. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Won't Re-Hide Unless I Press Start and Then Click Outside Start: This is really weird behavior. I have always set my taskbar to autohide through every iteration of windows. Lately I switched to windows 11 and noticed some annoying behavior. If I move the mouse curse down to the taskbar to say check the time the taskbar doesn't hide again...
  9. Unable to click anything outside the active window unless press ctrl+alt+del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click anything outside the active window unless press ctrl+alt+del: I have issue on windows 10 which causes all mouse buttons left.right,scroll.middle mouse 4 and 5 buttons to stop working on anything outside active window i currently on there are times everything cant be clicked or scrolled windows , browser and taskbar mouse can be moved...
  10. Taskbar won't hide everytime I start my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't hide everytime I start my PC: I have it set to hide but every time I start windows back up I have to launch task manager and restart windows for it to hide. Anyone know a fix? It's really annoying having to do that every single time I launch my PC. I noticed my PC keeps things like previous browsers...