Windows 10: Taskbar won't stay hidden...& Desktop icons keep switching from small to large icons

Discus and support Taskbar won't stay hidden...& Desktop icons keep switching from small to large icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The first problem has been driving me crazy for a while: Even though I have the taskbar set to automatically hide after I finish using it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeStrike, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JoeStrike Win User

Taskbar won't stay hidden...& Desktop icons keep switching from small to large icons

The first problem has been driving me crazy for a while:

Even though I have the taskbar set to automatically hide after I finish using it, it regularly stays locked in place. In order to hide it again I have to open the Task Manager and click on Windows Explorer > Restart. This happens repeatedly during a session and is incredibly annoying.

The second problem just started happening 1-2 days ago:

Every time I turn on my computer the Desktop icons have switched themselves from Small my default setting to Large and I have to right-click on the desktop to switch them back to Small; again, another irritating time waster.

Can anyone help me resolve these issues? Thanx much

-Joe

:)

JoeStrike, Apr 8, 2020
  2. JoeStrike Win User

Taskbar won't stay hidden...& Desktop icons keep switching from small to large icons

The first problem has been driving me crazy for a while:

Even though I have the taskbar set to automatically hide after I finish using it, it regularly stays locked in place. In order to hide it again I have to open the Task Manager and click on Windows Explorer > Restart. This happens repeatedly during a session
    and is incredibly annoying.

The second problem just started happening 1-2 days ago:

Every time I turn on my computer the Desktop icons have switched themselves from Small (my default setting) to Large and I have to right-click on the desktop to switch them back to Small; again, another irritating time waster.

Can anyone help me resolve these issues? Thanx much

-Joe

JoeStrike, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Taskbar won't stay hidden...& Desktop icons keep switching from small to large icons e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 9, 2020
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User
Thema:

1. Taskbar won't stay hidden...& Desktop icons keep switching from small to large icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar won't stay

2. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  3. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  4. Taskbar icons too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  5. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  6. Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?: submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ge8n/large_gap_between_taskbar_and_desktop_icons/
  7. Desktop Icons won't stay in same place

Desktop Icons won't stay in same place: I have to constantly rearrange my desktop icons to there original places, is there a setting to stop this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-wont-stay-in-same-place/6f98e6b2-53f2-456e-889f-5446bfda110e
  8. Desktop Icons won't stay put...

Desktop Icons won't stay put...: Good day, everyone. I'm having a very unique issue, at least, to me, with my Windows 10 machine. I have Win 10 Pro and my desktop will flash for a split second and all my icons will have moved to wherever they wish to be. I spend more time re-organizing my desktop than I do...
  9. desktop icons won't stay in place

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons won't stay in place: It's not the end of the world, but since a recent Windows update my desktop icons won't stay where I put them. In addition, after my computer boots up and everything is loaded, desktop icons do not appear on their own. I have to right click/view/show desktop icons....
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...