Windows 10: Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?

Discus and support Taskbar won't stay on second monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to have my taskbar on my second monitor, but after a fresh install of win10Pro, it keeps moving back to primary monitor after each reboot or if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zugas, Nov 7, 2019.

1. /u/Zugas Win User

Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?

I used to have my taskbar on my second monitor, but after a fresh install of win10Pro, it keeps moving back to primary monitor after each reboot or if the screen goes to sleep. Having the taskbar locked or unlocked makes no difference. Please help!

submitted by /u/Zugas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zugas, Nov 7, 2019

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 7, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

It doubles it, at least in the way he wants, I don't know what you want. The taskbar on the second monitor is seperate from the taskbar on the first. The programs open on the second monitor show up on the second task bar.

newtekie1, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?

Taskbar on second monitor

Hi all,

I've got a Surface 4 Pro and am having an issue where the taskbar is showing on the secondary monitor. My external monitor is designated as the 'main display' and is to the left of the Surface. The desktop is extended onto the external monitor.

It's easy enough to drag the taskbar over but I can't get it to stay.

Thinks I've tried(that didn't work):

• Lock the taskbar.
    • Turn off the 'Show taskbar on all displays' option
    • 'Auto hide' option has no effect.
    • Setting the Surface display as the primary, rebooting, setting the external monitor as primary

Any ideas?

erickson.brian, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?

1. Taskbar won't stay on second monitor? - Similar Threads - Taskbar won't stay

2. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  3. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  4. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar is Too Tall on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is Too Tall on Second Monitor: So, I'm having a similar problem that other people have posted about but the solutions mentioned didn't work. My taskbar on my secondary monitor is just tall for no reason. The problem is fixed when I make the monitor with the problem the main display, but for some apps I...
  6. Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...: So i have set that taskbar minimizes and when you move mouse to the screen bottom it shows. On main monitor if I run full screen program taskbar is hidden but on second monitor collapsed taskbar is shown and when I move mouse to the bottom of the screen it shows up and it is...
  7. Taskbar won't show on second monitor

Taskbar won't show on second monitor: I just got a new monitor today, and I went to pull up the taskbar on my old one that I'm now using as a second monitor, and it wasn't there. I went to settings to enable the taskbar for it, but in order to do this I have to turn on taskbars for multiple monitors. It's grayed...
  8. Monitor won't stay asleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't stay asleep: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when...
  9. Dell Monitor won't stay tilted back

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell Monitor won't stay tilted back: I have a Dell U2412M that won't stay tilted back. I've looked it over pretty well, and looked at the User's Guide. I did see some disassembly literature somewhere but don't know where now. I wonder if there is any internal adjustment that can be done to make the spring...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar on Second Monitor

Windows 10 Taskbar on Second Monitor: When I click on the windows key twice and then click the cursor onto the desktop, the taskbar briefly disappears and then reappears after a brief moment on my second monitor. This doesn't happen on my primary monitor, and only happens when I click the windows key twice and...