Windows 10: Taskbar

Discus and support Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'll be doing anything on my laptop and all of a sudden the taskbar will move from the bottom of my screen to the left of my screen. This has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoyTorres99, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Taskbar

I'll be doing anything on my laptop and all of a sudden the taskbar will move from the bottom of my screen to the left of my screen. This has never happened before and started happening 3 days ago. anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it? I saw other people had the taskbar move for them but they had multiple displays i just use the screen on my laptop.

:)

RoyTorres99, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 16, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Taskbar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar

1. Taskbar - Similar Threads - Taskbar

2. What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_person4499 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bndtom/what_is_this_copilot_preview_thats_just_popped/
  3. Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...: I restarted my computer and when it loaded back the taskbar stopped working. I have tried many computer resets, Windows Explorers resets, and used the system file checker and the problem persists....
  4. Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...: I restarted my computer and when it loaded back the taskbar stopped working. I have tried many computer resets, Windows Explorers resets, and used the system file checker and the problem persists....
  5. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  6. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  7. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  9. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  10. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...