Windows 10: taskbar

Discus and support taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i try to put an app on task bar the others disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peterraffan, Sep 12, 2019.

1. taskbar

when i try to put an app on task bar the others disappeared

:)

peterraffan, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 12, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 12, 2019
  4. taskbar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

taskbar

1. taskbar - Similar Threads - taskbar

2. No taskbar icons and loading cursor when placed at taskbar for infinite period of time. time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No taskbar icons and loading cursor when placed at taskbar for infinite period of time. time: Window task bar icons were not visible after window update installation and loading cursor for infinite period of time when placed at taskbar. After which i restarted my Dell Inspiron laptop with safe mode. ( Task manager>files>new program>msconfig.exe) After which window...
  3. No taskbar icons

No taskbar icons: Window task bar icons were not visible after window update installation. After which i restarted my Dell Inspiron laptop with safe mode. ( Task manager>files>msconfig.exe) After which window restarted in safe mode and i am unable to login with my pin password or account...
  4. Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting: I've never had this issue until recently. I'm on windows 10 and linked to a works server. I have edge pinned to my taskbar but when ever I start up the computer it's been replaced with a plain white tab with nothing linked to it so I have to re-pin it everytime I start the...
  5. After an update from August 2019 taskbar not working correct

After an update from August 2019 taskbar not working correct: The taskbar search is not working, icon shown but nothing happens on click. Left click on program icons not working, can't start program second time or as administrator. The popup menu on the network icon is not working, so I can't make an VPN connection. In august I did...
  6. Program icons missing from Taskbar

Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  7. How to change taskbar color

How to change taskbar color: My taskbar is always grey. And no, when I click as indicated on Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors > I neither have the right to click on the Show accent color on the following surfaces nor on Select Start, taskbar, and action center. I am unable to change the...
  8. taskbar and start menu background turned white

taskbar and start menu background turned white: Hi, my taskbar and start menu background have both turned white since last update earlier in this month. I have tried right click on desktop, personalize, colors... but it doesn't give me the option to tick on the start, taskbar and action center box. Any ideas on how to get...
  9. Can't click on desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on desktop/taskbar: Every so often I have an issue where if I clicked on my taskbar last I can't click anything on screen (desktop icons, web browser, etc.), and vice versa when I click anything on screen, so my taskbar locks up. Opening task manager and restarting Windows Explorer fixes it...
  10. Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???: Seems like in Windows 10 with the latest cumulative updates (as of 9/14/19 yesterday), I can't right-click on my taskbar icons and have the right-click menu come up (the one that allows for the pinning or unpinning of icons). I uninstalled the updates, and this functionality...