Windows 10: Taskbar

Discus and support Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am setting up win 10 and have had it before on another unit. Before I had 2-3 items I use alot in the task bar at bottom so I could just click on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Taskbar

I am setting up win 10 and have had it before on another unit. Before I had 2-3 items I use alot in the task bar at bottom so I could just click on it and open. They were a folder that I stored files in and a icon for this PC can u tell me how to get these set up like that again?
    Thanks sorry so dumb but I am 73yrs old and dumb
    Thank You
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Jun 28, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

TASKBAR

Hi Patricia,

Right click your Taskbar and make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is not ticked, if it is untick it

Drag the top of the Taskbar down as far as it goes

If you still need the Taskbar smaller, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Taskbar Settings

On the Settings Page, turn on 'Use Small Taskbar Buttons'

Close the Settings App

When finished, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Lock the Taskbar'

That's about it !

DaveM121, Jun 28, 2017
  3. how to eliminate up/down arrows in taskbar and show all icons

You need to resize the Taskbar.

Right click the Taskbar, then uncheck the lock taskbar

Place your mouse pointer at the edge the drag it up.

Also, you can try using small icons on the Taskbar to accomodate more icons.

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Under Taskbar, click User small taskbar buttons.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 28, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Taskbar

Just find the folder and drag it down. It will show the normal File Explorer icon.

bro67, Jun 29, 2017
Thema:

Taskbar

1. Taskbar - Similar Threads - Taskbar

2. How do I turn on small taskbar buttons mode AND have the timer on the bottom left corner...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn on small taskbar buttons mode AND have the timer on the bottom left corner...: I know it’s certainly possible. Today I just bought a new laptop with a 16:9 display. When I turn on small taskbar buttons mode, the date disappears. However in my old laptop, which has a 16:9 display, the date could display just fine. I didn’t copy the settings (because I...
  3. Power icon not showing on taskbar.

Power icon not showing on taskbar.: So I use a Dell Vostro 14 3000 (with windows 10 obviously) and lately I've noticed that my Battery icon does not show on the taskbar towards the right with all the other icons. I've gone to the Personalize part of settings into the notifications area to toggle the battery...
  4. Taskbar Question...

Taskbar Question...: Hi everyone, I've got my taskbar on the top of the screen and it's set to small icons. Right now, whenever I move windows around my screen, they sometimes slide underneath the taskbar or trigger that edge-screen feature that maximizes the window you're dragging around. Does...
  5. Searching no the taskbar

in Cortana
    Searching no the taskbar: When searching on the taskbar can you change your results to come up in google chrome instead of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-no-the-taskbar/2a902ef6-e471-4a4f-9917-e51baaea2e5c
  6. How to create an additional toolbar separate from main taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create an additional toolbar separate from main taskbar ?: I want a separate tool bar/quick-launch bar that I can lock to either the top or side of my desktop, just like you could in older versions of Windows. Did Windows 10 really add so much useless **** and leave out this awesome functionality ?...
  7. Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar: This happened recently with both browsers. If, for example, I'm playing a youtube video on Chrome and switch to Edge, the preview for when I hover the mouse over the Chrome logo on the taskbar doesn't show the video playing and only a white youtube screen. It's the same if I...
  8. How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?: Normally taskbar thumbnail previews are shown when there's not too many windows open, as seen below: [img] However if there's too many windows, thumbnail previews are no longer shown: [img] Is there a way to always show thumbnail previews, even if I have more than ~15...
  9. How to Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Taskbar on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Taskbar on Windows 10 PC: [img] You can tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Surface Duo and Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. With Your Phone apps, you can instantly access the...
  10. Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?: A number of posts have been made about this issue, and sadly Microsoft appear not to have addressed it. This is the main, most useful description of what is happening, along with an unfortunate slew of responses that appear to completely miss the...