Windows 10: Taskbar

Discus and support Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am setting up win 10 and have had it before on another unit. Before I had 2-3 items I use alot in the task bar at bottom so I could just click on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Taskbar

I am setting up win 10 and have had it before on another unit. Before I had 2-3 items I use alot in the task bar at bottom so I could just click on it and open. They were a folder that I stored files in and a icon for this PC can u tell me how to get these set up like that again?
    Thanks sorry so dumb but I am 73yrs old and dumb
    Thank You
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Jun 28, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

TASKBAR

Hi Patricia,

Right click your Taskbar and make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is not ticked, if it is untick it

Drag the top of the Taskbar down as far as it goes

If you still need the Taskbar smaller, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Taskbar Settings

On the Settings Page, turn on 'Use Small Taskbar Buttons'

Close the Settings App

When finished, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Lock the Taskbar'

That's about it !

DaveM121, Jun 28, 2017
  3. how to eliminate up/down arrows in taskbar and show all icons

You need to resize the Taskbar.

Right click the Taskbar, then uncheck the lock taskbar

Place your mouse pointer at the edge the drag it up.

Also, you can try using small icons on the Taskbar to accomodate more icons.

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Under Taskbar, click User small taskbar buttons.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 28, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Taskbar

Just find the folder and drag it down. It will show the normal File Explorer icon.

bro67, Jun 29, 2017
Thema:

Taskbar

1. Taskbar - Similar Threads - Taskbar

2. win10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 taskbar: Can anyone explain or help me with my taskbar? I notice the other day that my taskbar was on the top of the screen and I didnt tell the op system to put it there and today is was on the left side. Why is win10 op system just randomly moving my taskbar? My son does do some...
  3. Taskbar "Always, hide labels" setting not working on custom toolbars

Taskbar "Always, hide labels" setting not working on custom toolbars: On a new laptop, under Settings | Taskbar | Combine taskbar buttons, I've selected "Always, hide labels." On my old laptop with this setting, only icons appeared in the taskbar section, as to all of (i) the taskbar displaying open programs, (ii) the default Desktop toolbar,...
  4. taskbar colors will not change in windows 10

taskbar colors will not change in windows 10: I can change colors for title boxes, but taskbar olor change will not check at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-colors-will-not-change-in-windows-10/b88b38cd-2d34-4735-836d-5d04e75bcb27
  5. Taskbar Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Question: I have two monitors, one on top of the other. I was wondering if it is possible to have a taskbar at the bottom of the lower monitor (like normal) and also have one on the higher monitor at the top instead of at the bottom. submitted by /u/krexle [link] [comments]...
  6. New HP Laptop Win10 Cannot move icons to desktop or Taskbar

New HP Laptop Win10 Cannot move icons to desktop or Taskbar: Very disappointed with Win 10 on my new HP laptop. Basic fundamentals such as moving apps / icons from Start to my desktop are impossible. Can't drag. Can't Right click as no option to Move. Solutions offered via search all fail. Too late to return it but very...
  7. Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro?: Sorry, newbie question....I just migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I don't like the behavior of Windows 10 where when you hover over a taskbar app at the bottom of the screen, it gives you a thumbnail preview of any open windows in the apps. I prefer the previous...
  8. Help - programs that are running aren't highlighted on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help - programs that are running aren't highlighted on the taskbar: I have a bunch of icons on the taskbar but when I run them, the icons don't get highlighted unless it's literally maximized on the screen. If I minimize them, the highlight disappears and it's like the program isn't even open. Any help? submitted by /u/theAangstykid...
  9. Date and Time in Black on Taskbar

Date and Time in Black on Taskbar: Just installed Windows 10 (reinstall via Cloud). Dell Inspiron 3670. Font for date and time appear in black on taskbar. I read the instructions for someone named Wulff on a different thread. Does not work for me. Suggestions for System Maintenance don't work because I don't...
  10. "Select Icons Which Appear on the Taskbar" - choices not sticking after reboot/restart...?

"Select Icons Which Appear on the Taskbar" - choices not sticking after reboot/restart...?: I am not seeing a USB device (X-Rite i1Display Pro) attached to the computer. It is not visible in Taskbar, as I would expect. It is also not visible in Device Manager, as I would expect. If I choose, Windows Key/X > Settings > Devices, I can see it there and remove it....