Windows 10: TaskBar

Discus and support TaskBar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New to windows 10... Wanting to pin Apps to Taskbar. I could add some Apps (i.e. excel, Powerpoint) to taskbar through the All App menu an right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mebuckpastor, Oct 28, 2015.

1. TaskBar

New to windows 10... Wanting to pin Apps to Taskbar. I could add some Apps (i.e. excel, Powerpoint) to taskbar through the All App menu an right clicking and selecting pin to taskbar. However, some programs like Outlook and Word I could not pin to the taskbar only to the start menu. Never gave me a choice to pin to the taskbar. Your thought or solutions???

:)

mebuckpastor, Oct 28, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

TASKBAR

Hi Patricia,

Right click your Taskbar and make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is not ticked, if it is untick it

Drag the top of the Taskbar down as far as it goes

If you still need the Taskbar smaller, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Taskbar Settings

On the Settings Page, turn on 'Use Small Taskbar Buttons'

Close the Settings App

When finished, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Lock the Taskbar'

That's about it !

DaveM121, Oct 28, 2015
  3. how to eliminate up/down arrows in taskbar and show all icons

You need to resize the Taskbar.

Right click the Taskbar, then uncheck the lock taskbar

Place your mouse pointer at the edge the drag it up.

Also, you can try using small icons on the Taskbar to accomodate more icons.

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Under Taskbar, click User small taskbar buttons.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

TaskBar

Send them to the desktop as a shortcut, then pin the shortcut to the task bar. Then you can delete the shortcut. Welcome to The Forum BTW!

TaskBar [​IMG]

5. Gary... tried it... same results. Some Apps when you right click will give you options to do multiple things including pinning to the taskbar. Other Apps only give you 2 or 3 options, with none of them including Pinning to the taskbar. There seems to be no reasoning why one app does one thing and another doing something else. Why can I pin some of my Office 365 apps and not all of them?

mebuckpastor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

TaskBar

1. TaskBar - Similar Threads - TaskBar

2. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  3. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  4. Multiple displays and Taskbars - Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple displays and Taskbars - Windows: I have searched for an answer to this issue and the same advice gets churned out. I have tried updating the setup and nothing resolves this so am hoping someone can advise the correct resolution and not refer me to how my monitors are set up. I have attached screenshots.I...
  5. Multiple displays and Taskbars - Windows

Multiple displays and Taskbars - Windows: I have searched for an answer to this issue and the same advice gets churned out. I have tried updating the setup and nothing resolves this so am hoping someone can advise the correct resolution and not refer me to how my monitors are set up. I have attached screenshots.I...
  6. Multiple displays and Taskbars - Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???: Seriously, this is by far the worst Microsoft idea that I have ever seen. And where is the EXACT option to stop that weird stuff?? I want it on ALL the time! I need to always see the language, opened tasks, etc stuff, not it deciding to disappearing when my cursor is not on...
  8. Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???

Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???: Seriously, this is by far the worst Microsoft idea that I have ever seen. And where is the EXACT option to stop that weird stuff?? I want it on ALL the time! I need to always see the language, opened tasks, etc stuff, not it deciding to disappearing when my cursor is not on...
  9. "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart: I am getting an intermittent error when I click "Select a sound output" from the taskbar. When I do get the error it hangs for about 2-3 seconds and then the popup closes and cannot be reopened until I restart my computer. I can still go into the "Volume mixer" in Windows...
  10. "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart

"Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart: I am getting an intermittent error when I click "Select a sound output" from the taskbar. When I do get the error it hangs for about 2-3 seconds and then the popup closes and cannot be reopened until I restart my computer. I can still go into the "Volume mixer" in Windows...