Windows 10: Taskbare icons moving back and forth

Discus and support Taskbare icons moving back and forth in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past couple of months, the power icon, wifi icon, volume icon and the arrow up for the hidden icons keep moving back and forth constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ralphspajka, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Taskbare icons moving back and forth

For the past couple of months, the power icon, wifi icon, volume icon and the arrow up for the hidden icons keep moving back and forth constantly making it frustrating to click on any of them. At first it seemed as this happened for a few minutes at start up, but now it is constantly. I have tried locking and unlocking the taskbar, rebooting several times. I can't find anything about this problem in searches. They have not disappeared, just constantly moving back and forth. If I move the taskbar to the side, they move up and down constantly. Any thing pinned to the taskbar on the left is fine. Any help?

:)

ralphspajka, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 28, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Taskbare icons moving back and forth

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Taskbare icons moving back and forth

1. Taskbare icons moving back and forth - Similar Threads - Taskbare icons moving

2. Why no history on the back and forth buttons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why no history on the back and forth buttons?: Why can I no longer see the dropdowns showing the history on the back and forward buttons? Will microsoft ever stop removing useful features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-history-on-the-back-and-forth-buttons/cda81ed9-86de-4439-b9ab-5894b8e6f14a
  3. Why no history on the back and forth buttons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no history on the back and forth buttons?: Why can I no longer see the dropdowns showing the history on the back and forward buttons? Will microsoft ever stop removing useful features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-history-on-the-back-and-forth-buttons/cda81ed9-86de-4439-b9ab-5894b8e6f14a
  4. Taskbar Icons moving to the center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons moving to the center: Hi, I hope you are all well.Here is my problem, the people icon, and the hp support assistance were well aligned on my taskbar right icons. However, they recently isolated themselves and moved to the center, leaving a huge gap between themselves and the other icons on the...
  5. Icons keep jumping back and forth in a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Icons keep jumping back and forth in a dual monitor setup: My desktop icons just keep jumping from one monitor to other either when I reboot as well when I computer backup from blank screen mode. I tried to unchecked auto-arrange and auto-organize and also disabled allow theme to change desktop icons. Nothing seems to have any...
  6. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  7. Why is windows changing back and forth with the moving and copying as a default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is windows changing back and forth with the moving and copying as a default?: I am moving files from one folder to another in order to better organize my files. I click on a file and move it from one location to another. Files within the same drive are moved when you drag them from folder to folder. When moving from drive to drive it will default to...
  8. Taskbar icons won’t move

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar icons won’t move: I can't move icons in the browser and on the taskbar.I've to reboot PC to temporarily fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-wont-move/e39c98c9-3e5d-4497-b4f5-4c81230c7660
  9. how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop???

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop???: how do I make my taskbar stay in one place? it keeps moving back and forth. I have mine at the bottom of my Dell laptop. thnx! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-taskbar-icon-from-moving-rapidly/66770cae-5fab-4417-8445-415b328d665b
  10. Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle: Hi, I have this Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that I use for flight simulators and that won't stay at the throttle setting I set. In flight the problem is not all that big except when the throttle is set close to afterburner (since then the afterburner may kick in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar moving back and forth windows 10

2. asus taskbar keeps moving

3. taskbar icon keeps moving

4. buttons on taskbar keep moving,
  5. taskbar icons keep moving,
  6. keep icons on thewindows 10 taskbar from moving,
  7. taskbar icons constantly moving windows 10,
  8. taskbar icons moving in windows 10,
  9. windows 10 taskbar icons keep moving,
  10. taskbar keeps moving windows 10,
  11. windows 10 taskbar icons moving,