Windows 10: Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to...

Discus and support Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the taskbar is on the bottom side of my screen, I have a small bar on the bottom of every window that is active. So, for example, if I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pinoy2001, Jun 25, 2019.

1. pinoy2001 Win User

Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to...

When the taskbar is on the bottom side of my screen, I have a small bar on the bottom of every window that is active. So, for example, if I have a Google Chrome window active on my desktop, the Chrome icon will show on my taskbar, along with a small bar on the bottom of its icon, to let me know that there is a window up and running on my desktop. However, when I put the taskbar to the side of the desktop, the little bar goes away. The only way to know whether or not I have a window open is to move my cursor over the icon and hope a preview window slides out. I have had the little bar there before when I had it on the side, but now it is gone. What do I do to get it back?

:)

pinoy2001, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 25, 2019
  3. ITshadow Win User
    ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to...

Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators

Thema:

1. Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to... - Similar Threads - Taskbar's small Bar

2. Taskbar icon missing when pinned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon missing when pinned: The icon for one of my apps Telegram is missing when it is pinned to the taskbar. The icon looks fine on the Start Menu and when it is not pinned, but goes away as soon as I pin it.I tried rebuilding the icon cache, restarting explorer, running `SFC /SCANNOW` and `DISM...
  3. Taskbar icon missing when pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon missing when pinned: The icon for one of my apps Telegram is missing when it is pinned to the taskbar. The icon looks fine on the Start Menu and when it is not pinned, but goes away as soon as I pin it.I tried rebuilding the icon cache, restarting explorer, running `SFC /SCANNOW` and `DISM...
  4. Search bar on small taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on small taskbar: [ATTACH] Is this new? I don't remember Windows 10 supports showing the search box if small taskbar icons is enabled. https://preview.redd.it/st95bo4ulu4a1.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=8ec4815f928e201b60ae0cc036b55274bbf916c2 OS Build: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC...
  5. I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS: I need a medium-sized taskbar because date and time are stacked vertically at the R end of the taskbar. Why are they stacked? No clue. I'd prefer that they were side-by-side, but there we are. So, in order for both the date and time to be visible, TaskbarSi must be set to 1...
  6. Taskbar Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  7. Taskbar icons too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  8. Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?

Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?: When I put sidebar at the side i can't choose small icons. It consume a lot of space. In another windows versions i was used to install a program to make it thinner. Still don't find anything that works on windows 10. Tips, please! submitted by /u/demigu [link] [comments]...
  9. Missing icons in taskbar

Missing icons in taskbar: I don't why, but I have at least, constantly, one icon missing in my taskbar. since some days I can't display all of them with the settings. Currently, the sound icon is missing. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/vgclbaR.png The white part on the screenshot is disappearing too...
  10. Missing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Taskbar Icons: Whenever I run a Windows 10 specific app, such as Edge, Store, Weather, etc, It opens properly, but the icon on the taskbar is simply a square with a line under it if it is active and only the line shows when it is inactive. If I pin a Windows 10 app to the taskbar, there is...