Windows 10: taskhostw.exe acessing the webcam

Discus and support taskhostw.exe acessing the webcam in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got a message from Kaspersky Internet Security that taskhostw.exe is accessing my webcam...why is this happening? There is an update for Windows going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PervyYoda, Mar 9, 2019.

1. PervyYoda Win User

taskhostw.exe acessing the webcam

Got a message from Kaspersky Internet Security that taskhostw.exe is accessing my webcam...why is this happening? There is an update for Windows going in the background...

:)

PervyYoda, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Wynona Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

taskhostw.exe acessing the webcam [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Mar 9, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Mine is signed Microsoft Windows:

And, so is Taskmgr.exe:

And, SearchUI.exe:

So probably not a false flag signature on taskhostw.exe.

f14tomcat, Mar 9, 2019
  4. PRince4 Win User

I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this :

PRince4, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. taskhostw.exe acessing the webcam - Similar Threads - taskhostw exe acessing

2. Acess violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acess violation: Hi. I use the free eMagic Store VirtueManager program. The program works well to this day. Suddenly an error pops up and some functions do not work. For example, import / export or MySQL. Where can there be a mistake?There is enough space on the hdd. I tried to put the...
  3. Acess violation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acess violation: Hi. I use the free eMagic Store VirtueManager program. The program works well to this day. Suddenly an error pops up and some functions do not work. For example, import / export or MySQL. Where can there be a mistake?There is enough space on the hdd. I tried to put the...
  4. Problem with acess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with acess: Hello, So I really got an issue with my pc and I have no idea.It will keep comming up, that I do not have permission to a specific file or device. I first thought it could be the administrator but I am already one, but I cannot access my administrator rights I'll try to run...
  5. IT Administratorlimited acess

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IT Administratorlimited acess: Hello When i try to open 'controlled folder acess' page i got "You IT administrator has limited acess to some areas of this app and the item you tried to acess is not available.Contact the IT helpdesk for more information" error. But its my private laptop with only one...
  6. acess

in Windows 10 Customization
    acess: I cant open the acess control to issue cards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acess/fdeee0ae-7eb5-4212-ac70-88f520bb9c03
  7. Acess WebCam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acess WebCam: Split from this thread. Original title: Webcam!!! How do I access my webcam on my computer? It is a built in one and I cannot find it in my computer anywhere! My computer is an Acer and it has windows 7 on it, that's pretty much all I know about it. Please help!!!! yes...
  8. acess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    acess: why don't i have full and untethered access to every single file on my computer. if im admin why do i need permission. it is mine. i own this machine. i give it commands. it should never tell me no. that's not why its built. i cant tell you how irritating it is when a machine...
  9. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  10. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041