Windows 10: taskhostw.exe causing 'Windows Ding.wav' play constantly

Discus and support taskhostw.exe causing 'Windows Ding.wav' play constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded Process Monitor to find out why the exclamation sound was playing randomly. Below is a screenshot of the results. Malwarebytes doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hyzerline, Jan 9, 2019.

1. hyzerline Win User

taskhostw.exe causing 'Windows Ding.wav' play constantly

I downloaded Process Monitor to find out why the exclamation sound was playing randomly. Below is a screenshot of the results. Malwarebytes doesn't detect any malware.

taskhostw.exe causing 'Windows Ding.wav' play constantly 1ee561fc-b7d0-40cb-aa9c-cc52188f7592?upload=true.png

Any help diagnosing the source of the dinging sound would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need anything else.

:)

hyzerline, Jan 9, 2019
  2. GosuSheep Win User

"Ding" sound (e.g. from adjusting volume) no longer plays

When adjusting volume on Windows, the system will play a "ding" sound to help you gauge the current volume. That sound no longer plays on my machine.

What I've done:

• Tried various output devices (speakers, headerphones, monitor speakers, etc.)
    • Updated mobo and sound card drivers
    • Played the .wav files (C:\Windows\media) in a media player to ensure the files are not corrupted

Methods that SHOULD play the sound but don't:

• Adjust volume
    • {Windows_key} (search) --> type "sound" --> {Enter} --> "Sounds" tab --> Scroll to "Default Beep" --> click "Test"
    • Running some batch file that echoes 0x007
    • `echo ^G`

Thanks for your time.

GosuSheep, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Unable to play .wav audio file

Hi Michael,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; on which application you are you are trying to play .Wav sound file?

I like to inform you that; you can play .wav audio file format
    using Windows Media Player and Windows 10 Groove Music app.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to Right click on the
    .wav
    audio file > Select Properties > click on the
    Change
    button adjacent to Open with option > Select Windows Media player option from the given list > Click on
    Ok.

If the issue still persists, run audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 9, 2019
  4. IsNotNull Win User

Wav attachments will not play

Wav attachments from our Avaya phone system will not play on Windows 8 Phone. Avaya says they use a standard wav format and the issue is with the mobile device and suggests using another app to play the file or change phones.

I didn't have this problem with the Windows 7 phone.

I'm sure MS didn't remove functionality for such a simple file format. What can be done to fix this issue?

IsNotNull, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. taskhostw.exe causing 'Windows Ding.wav' play constantly - Similar Threads - taskhostw exe causing

2. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  3. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  4. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't play WAV files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't play WAV files: One program I use frequently can no longer play WAV sounds. In troubleshooting this I notice that Groove Music and Windows Media Player can't play WAV files either. VLC can play WAV thought. Other programs that play music, Spotify, YouTube etc work fine. Changing volume...
  6. Can't play WAV fles

Can't play WAV fles: One program I use frequently can no longer play WAV sounds. In troubleshooting this I notice that Groove Music can't play WAV files either. VLC can play WAV thought. Other programs that play music, Spotify, YouTube etc work fine. How do I fix this?...
  7. Cannot Play WAV files

Cannot Play WAV files: I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, installed on a Dell XPS 8930 computer, OS build 18362.900. Attached is a Western Digital external hard drive, where many, if not most, of my mp4 and wav files are located. However, for whatever reason, I cannot play any of them....
  8. constant dinging

constant dinging: I know my way all around windows and sound profiles and audio settings. I usually have my system sounds off because when ever I unmute my system sound the close application sound just keeps dinging and noting was happening. Please help me!!!...
  9. play WAV file with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    play WAV file with Windows 10: Ive tried Windows Media Player, Groovie and VLC. All of them give me errors when I try to play an audio .wav file. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-wav-file-with-windows-10/3dfe3b5d-82cf-4b80-8d00-ec3916db05d6
  10. .wav file not playing

.wav file not playing: I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media Player. When using Groove I get the following error code: 0xc00d5212. When using WMP it just says it "encountered a problem when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskhostw.exe windows background.wav

2. why does taskhostw.exe use ding.wave open file

3. taskhostw.exe c:\windows\media\windows background.wav

4. onedrive causing taskhostw error