Windows 10: taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3%

Discus and support taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I have been searching the internet all day and I have not found a fix for this. I have been playing some Overwatch and League of Legends and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IsaacPringle, Feb 18, 2019.

1. taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3%

Hey,

I have been searching the internet all day and I have not found a fix for this. I have been playing some Overwatch and League of Legends and noticed that every 10 or so seconds the characters jump/snap to a location. I assumed it was lag or that my graphics drivers weren't updated but I have discovered it is neither. While using Photoshop CC, every 20 seconds while using the brush it freezes, I can move my Wacom pen around but when I try to draw or click nothing happens, a few seconds later it then fulfils all the actions done within the freeze.

I did some scans of my pc and found this error when using the Resource and Performance Monitor, as well as these 'informational'.

taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3% 1550408582989-png.png

I believe this is what's causing the lag/freezing but cannot find a fix for it. My pc is only 8 months old, and it was build by myself and has been working perfectly since built. I have also this morning done a fresh install of windows 10 to see if that would fix it but it has not.

Pc Specs:
    cpu: Intel(R_ Core(TM) i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20GHz
    ram: 16GB DDR4
    gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    hard drives - 2x ssd + 1 hhd

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as im out of things to try and my pc is currently unusable.
    Thanks

:)

IsaacPringle, Feb 18, 2019

2. taskhostw.exe Time - High CPU

I managed to solve the issue by switching from Sleep mode to Hibernate. You can read more about it in

my blog

Boyan Mihaylov, Feb 18, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

This is a very first thing that I turn off after any Windows Installation (7/8/10).
    1. Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
    2. Right click & disable 3 items as shown:

taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3% [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 18, 2019
  4. CptKoekie Win User

taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3%

CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

Your are my hero. Problem solved. Thank you!!!

CptKoekie, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3%

1. taskhostw.exe has high CPU consumptionm of 99.3% - Similar Threads - taskhostw exe has

2. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  3. CPU pinned at 99% usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU pinned at 99% usage.: I am running a desktop with a AMD E2-1800 APU 12GB Ram, booting from a HDD, and a 64bit copy of windows 10. I have no apps open and in task manager it is pinned at 99% cpu usage. Any idea of why? Could it be the cpu just isn't good enough? submitted by /u/sessinnek [link]...
  4. 99% CPU usage

99% CPU usage: IDK why but my CPU usage from today is 99% always this happened after i accidently opened ~90 widows desktops, but then i closed them all. I tried restarting my PC, shutting it down and then starting it up many times, none of this worked :( When i close the app that uses the...
  5. Always on 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always on 99% cpu usage: Similar to this request a few years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-usage-always-at-99/a61a4770-f95c-4e75-b6a3-51480dd2be22 I am also having ny cpu usage always at 99% since the windows update I did yesterday. The...
  6. 99% of CPU usage

99% of CPU usage: Hello There, yesterday my laptop was smooth and had no issues with CPU usage and i installed nothing yesterday. Today i wake up, get on my laptop and suddenly it feels slow to do anything on it. I check task manager and i saw my CPU highlighted in red saying "99% CPU". I do...
  7. CPU constantly at 99%

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPU constantly at 99%: Specs CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus GPU: GTX 750 TI SC Windows 10: 1903 OS build 18362.267 RAM: G Skill 16 GB SSD: Samsung 860 pro 250GB HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB No matter what program or no programs open my PC will remain at 99% on my CPU. I have...
  8. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  9. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...
  10. High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times

High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing my computer's cpu usage has been off the charts. I am currently unaware of what is causing it. I have run full system scans with my antivirus (Bitdefender 2017) and have run checks from windows. As i look at the usage in task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskhostw.exe is using 99% of cpu

2. taskhostw.exe 99%

3. taskhostw cpu 100%

4. taskhostw.exe high cpu usage,
  5. taskhostw.exe high cpu 99% usage