Windows 10: Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU

Discus and support Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having this issue for a few days now, as soon as I turn on my pc there is a processId which is always different showing 99% cpu usage in a perfmon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DalePark123414, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU

Been having this issue for a few days now, as soon as I turn on my pc there is a processId which is always different showing 99% cpu usage in a perfmon /report.

• I have run several virus / malware scans and got rid of any seen issues.
    • Process explorer and task manager do not show a process that is using this much CPU.
    • Any CPU graphs do not show high cpu.
    • I have also reinstalled win10 removing all personal files and issue has persisted.
    • Wondering if it's the cpu thinking it's overheating and throttling, if so how fix?

Issue is causing my PC to run super slowly when performing certain actions.

Thanks

:)

DalePark123414, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Wynona Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Wynona Win User
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

Just to be sure, did you look for Windows Update Checker dot exe? I didn't find it in my files, but I do have Taskhostw dot exe in details.

It's there for some unsuspecting person to click on . . . and nope, I ain't agonna click!

Wynona, Feb 9, 2020
  4. JaYp146 Win User

Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU

1. Taskhostw.exe using 95%+ of CPU - Similar Threads - Taskhostw exe using

2. how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu: task manager end to stop it I "end task" and a few minutes later it starts again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-microsoft-common-language-runtime/ccf1524f-13d5-4d9f-b925-170fc4221ef4
  3. how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu: Microsoft common language pops up in task manager end to stop it I "end task" and a few minutes later it starts again. I downloaded the farbar scan tool and here are my Addition.txt and FRST.txt:Addition.txtFRST.txt...
  4. how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu: Basically Microsoft common language pops up in task manager end to stop it I "end task" and a few minutes later it starts again and it's just annoying can anyone help me. I have .net framework 4.8.1 installed. can anyone help me?...
  5. how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop Microsoft common language runtime native compiler from using 95% of my cpu: Basically Microsoft common language pops up in task manager end to stop it I "end task" and a few minutes later it starts again and it's just annoying can anyone help me. I have .net framework 4.8.1 installed. can anyone help me?...
  6. What does it mean if system use up to 95% of the CPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does it mean if system use up to 95% of the CPU.: System antimalware, System idle, System, and the other system programs, keep taking up a lot of my cpu. is there a way to disable them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-if-system-use-up-to-95-of-the/74e5d76c-b061-42e1-8d13-25aca0af9d9e
  7. 95% of my desktop's memory is in constant use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    95% of my desktop's memory is in constant use: [ATTACH] Recently anytime that I have Chrome open with more than two tabs, the web pages crash with an error saying no memory. I opened up task manager and resource manager and find that 95% of my computers memory is in use. I'm not sure how to fix this. Screenshot...
  8. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  9. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  10. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...