Windows 10: TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report...

Discus and support TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since last week while trying to play games my PC has been freezing I went through many troubleshooting and when running “perfmon /report” i notices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sam_Leo1610, Jan 4, 2020.

1. TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report...

Since last week while trying to play games my PC has been freezing I went through many troubleshooting and when running “perfmon /report” i notices that my CPU had 99% usage from taskhostw.exe however when i check in task manager my CPU doesn’t go over 10% when running the test i have run so many antiviruses ran SFC and DISM scans nothing has fixed it my PC is unusable at this point ive asked so much on the Get Help app provided by windows nothing has helped ive checked forums on here nothing they have told me to do has worked ive checked website followed tutorials etc. I need help badly

Thanks for the help!

:)

Sam_Leo1610, Jan 4, 2020

2. CPU at 99%

Hello,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you start your computer, is the CPU usage already at 99%?
    • Do you have programs on your startup items?

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Wynona Win User
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report... [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report...

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

Just to be sure, did you look for Windows Update Checker dot exe? I didn't find it in my files, but I do have Taskhostw dot exe in details.

It's there for some unsuspecting person to click on . . . and nope, I ain't agonna click!

Wynona, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report...

1. TaskHostw.exe using 99% of my CPU in performance report... - Similar Threads - TaskHostw exe using

2. Service host: NPSMSvc_1f1c1b99 using 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host: NPSMSvc_1f1c1b99 using 99% cpu usage: I will have spotify open or anything playing audio and this just cranks to max cpu usage, any help would be great been suffering with this issue for like a month now and i thought a update would fix it but no dice....
  3. Service host: NPSMSvc_1f1c1b99 using 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host: NPSMSvc_1f1c1b99 using 99% cpu usage: I will have spotify open or anything playing audio and this just cranks to max cpu usage, any help would be great been suffering with this issue for like a month now and i thought a update would fix it but no dice....
  4. taskhostw.exe using 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskhostw.exe using 99% cpu usage: Does anyone know how to fix taskhostw.exe taking up 98-99% CPU usage? This problem has been going on for a while, I've tried to troubleshoot and it said everything was fine. My pc has slowed down a lot due to this and I cant even play any games. Can someone help me...
  5. 99% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    99% CPU usage: IDK why but my CPU usage from today is 99% always this happened after i accidently opened ~90 widows desktops, but then i closed them all. I tried restarting my PC, shutting it down and then starting it up many times, none of this worked :( When i close the app that uses the...
  6. Always on 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always on 99% cpu usage: Similar to this request a few years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-usage-always-at-99/a61a4770-f95c-4e75-b6a3-51480dd2be22 I am also having ny cpu usage always at 99% since the windows update I did yesterday. The...
  7. 99% of CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    99% of CPU usage: Hello There, yesterday my laptop was smooth and had no issues with CPU usage and i installed nothing yesterday. Today i wake up, get on my laptop and suddenly it feels slow to do anything on it. I check task manager and i saw my CPU highlighted in red saying "99% CPU". I do...
  8. 99% drop in disk performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    99% drop in disk performance: I have a six month old HP laptop with a clean install of windows 10 updated to v.1903 (OS build 18362-356). It is updated to current. I have a pair of internal drives- one solid state system disk, and one internal SATA spinning disk from Seagate. I have downloaded Seatools...
  9. CPU constantly at 99%

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPU constantly at 99%: Specs CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus GPU: GTX 750 TI SC Windows 10: 1903 OS build 18362.267 RAM: G Skill 16 GB SSD: Samsung 860 pro 250GB HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB No matter what program or no programs open my PC will remain at 99% on my CPU. I have...
  10. How to generate a report for the performance of CPU and RAH, and HD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to generate a report for the performance of CPU and RAH, and HD?: How to generate a report for the performance of CPU and RAH, and HD? In my case, I wanted to count the number of times the consumption of CPU, RAM, and HD exceeds 80%. How this can be measured? Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124052

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskhostw.exe 99%

2. Process taskhostw.exe [ProcessId: 7344] has a high CPU consumption of 99.7%.

3. taskhostw.exe 99% in perfmon