Windows 10: taskkill closes my game.

Discus and support taskkill closes my game. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there! So I decided to play an old game called " cs 1.6 ". Installation was successful, but after I joined a multiplayer/singleplayer match, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mariusshorsts, Apr 13, 2019.

1. taskkill closes my game.

Hello there! So I decided to play an old game called " cs 1.6 ". Installation was successful, but after I joined a multiplayer/singleplayer match, it opened cmd prompt " taskkill " or something like it. I tried restarting my pc, reinstalling the game, nothing worked. So I can't play CS 1.6 because of taskkill.exe.
    Ur help would be really appreciated!

:)

mariusshorsts, Apr 13, 2019

2. Win 10 randomly kills games

Hi Laurynas,

To help you with your issue, we suggest you refer to the links below to get information about compatible games with Windows 10, and troubleshooting steps for crashing game issues:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 13, 2019
  4. taskkill closes my game.

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

taskkill closes my game.

1. taskkill closes my game. - Similar Threads - taskkill closes game

2. My taskkill stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskkill stopped working: Taskkill worked perfectly, until i tried to update, which failed KB5021233, 0x80242016. After this taskkill stopped working, i tried to kill any process, but it didnt work...
  3. My taskkill stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My taskkill stopped working: Taskkill worked perfectly, until i tried to update, which failed KB5021233, 0x80242016. After this taskkill stopped working, i tried to kill any process, but it didnt work...
  4. My taskkill stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I close a window that is stuck open as "not responding" after taskkill and end task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I close a window that is stuck open as "not responding" after taskkill and end task...: I was recently playing a game on steam which is running on task manager as "sonic2app.exe" and it stopped responding so I went to task manager to end task. I closed steam as well which forces all steam games that are running to stop running immediately, but the game app...
  6. How do I close a window that is stuck open as "not responding" after taskkill and end task...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I close a window that is stuck open as "not responding" after taskkill and end task...: I was recently playing a game on steam which is running on task manager as "sonic2app.exe" and it stopped responding so I went to task manager to end task. I closed steam as well which forces all steam games that are running to stop running immediately, but the game app...
  7. How do I close a window that is stuck open as "not responding" after taskkill and end task...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I "Close" or "Exit" a task with a command script WITHOUT taskkill /f ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I "Close" or "Exit" a task with a command script WITHOUT taskkill /f ?: How can I "Close" or "Exit" a task with a command script WITHOUT taskkill /f ? I want to close some tasks, but not force with taskkill. I want to close as if I went to "File" and clicked "Close" or clicked the "X" on the upper right corner of the task window. So task will ask...
  9. Games start then close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games start then close: I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my gaming PC two days ago. I downloaded it and it starts but before it works it closes with an error message. I have tried troubleshooting and other solutions posted here, but none of them work. I have re-downoaded it multiple times. I...
  10. Game Not Closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Not Closing: I was playing GTA SA and suddenly the there was a problem with the textures (They weren't loading). I thought to close the game so I pressed the windows button to get the taskbar. I tried to close it but it wasn't just closing. What I did was i pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delete and...