Windows 10: taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam.

Discus and support taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Steam is getting turned off whenever I'm closing a game or software and a black terminal window pops us for a second or so saying, "Select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Willian S, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Willian S Win User

taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam.

Steam is getting turned off whenever I'm closing a game or software and a black terminal window pops us for a second or so saying, "Select C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\taskkill.exe". Can anybody help me fix this issue? I've looked for solutions in other threads and on other websites but none of them have worked so far.

:)

Willian S, Sep 18, 2023

2. Cannot install a game through Steam

I would like to replace it Windows 10 Home, however I am worried that I would need another license. Would this be the case?

I have tried the Steam forums before, which includes the troubleshooting steps listed here. Its strange mostly because this has not happened with any other game installed through Steam except for this one.

Decimator2002, Sep 18, 2023
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 18, 2023
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Steam Game Issue

Some details of what is, or is not happening may help, but if you have a lot of games not working the problem could be

due to a corrupt Steam Client.

You can find help for reinstalling/repairing the Steam Client in your Steam...

Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes ( Click this tab for troubleshooting suggestions).

- Some games require you to run Steams Verify Integrity of Game Files after each of the Win10 version\feature updates.

BossDweeb, Sep 18, 2023
Thema:

1. taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam. - Similar Threads - taskkill exe happening

2. W11 defender deleting .exe files for steam games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 defender deleting .exe files for steam games: Hi,today I noticed Windows defender deleted some of my games from steam.That is obviously extremely unwanted action from the Windows. It should not delete anything without me saying so.When I go into "history", all my games that are not working, are there. Threat "SERIOUS"....
  3. W11 defender deleting .exe files for steam games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 defender deleting .exe files for steam games: Hi,today I noticed Windows defender deleted some of my games from steam.That is obviously extremely unwanted action from the Windows. It should not delete anything without me saying so.When I go into "history", all my games that are not working, are there. Threat "SERIOUS"....
  4. taskkill.exe happening after I close a any game on steam.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskkill.exe happening after I close a any game on steam.: Steam is getting turned off whenever I'm closing a game or software and a black terminal window pops us for a second or so saying, "Select C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\taskkill.exe". Can anybody help me fix this issue? I've looked for solutions in other threads and on other websites...
  5. taskkill.exe happening after I close a any game on steam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskkill.exe happening after I close a any game on steam.: Steam is getting turned off whenever I'm closing a game or software and a black terminal window pops us for a second or so saying, "Select C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\taskkill.exe". Can anybody help me fix this issue? I've looked for solutions in other threads and on other websites...
  6. taskkill.exe happening after I close a any game on steam.

7. taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam.: Steam is getting turned off whenever I'm closing a game or software and a black terminal window pops us for a second or so saying, "Select C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\taskkill.exe". Can anybody help me fix this issue? I've looked for solutions in other threads and on other websites...
  8. taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam.

taskkill.exe happening after I close a game on steam.: Steam is getting turned off whenever I'm closing a game or software and a black terminal window pops us for a second or so saying, "Select C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\taskkill.exe". Can anybody help me fix this issue? I've looked for solutions in other threads and on other websites...
  9. Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam

Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam: Hi everyone, Recently I picked up a new gaming PC which runs the standard software and operating systems. I typically use Steam to host all my games and one thing I've noticed particularly when I've been playing for an hour or more is that when I exit any game to the...
  10. taskkill closes my game.

taskkill closes my game.: Hello there! So I decided to play an old game called " cs 1.6 ". Installation was successful, but after I joined a multiplayer/singleplayer match, it opened cmd prompt " taskkill " or something like it. I tried restarting my pc, reinstalling the game, nothing worked. So I...