Windows 10: taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

Discus and support taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I see a couple of old posts related to moving icons on desktop. Until a few months ago everything was stable on my desktop Windows 10, latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMB1502, Nov 7, 2020.

1. JMB1502 Win User

taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

Hello

I see a couple of old posts related to moving icons on desktop. Until a few months ago everything was stable on my desktop Windows 10, latest updates.

But recently the TaskMgr icon is moving left every time I put computer to sleep and wake it up.

It moves from bottom right where I place it to somewhere left side where is can find some space.

This seems bizarre to me.

Somebody has an explanation or comment ?

Thanks in advance

:)

JMB1502, Nov 7, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 7, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up ;)

qubit, Nov 7, 2020
  4. taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

1. taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up - Similar Threads - taskmgr icon moving

2. Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep: Whenever my computer goes to sleep, the icons and applications all move to my main monitor but not on shutdowns and restarts. I want to keep the main monitor the same and I shouldn't have to make compromises with my own computer the main has is larger, a better refresh rate,...
  3. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  4. Desktop icons move after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons move after start up: [ATTACH] Since the latest 2004 update this happens. I only have two icons on my desktop being 'This PC' on the top left corner and below it the recycle bin. They keep moving to the position in the attached photo after every restart. I have 'align to grid' checked and...
  5. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  6. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  7. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  8. Desktop Icons Moving After Computer Wakes or Monitor is Turned Back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Moving After Computer Wakes or Monitor is Turned Back on: Hi all, Problem: Desktop Icons move back to the left (default) side of the screen after customizing. this happens when the the computer is put into sleep mode and is woken up or when the monitor is turned off and turned back on. I upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64bit from...
  9. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...
  10. After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep: After an upgrade to Windows 10, my HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor will not wake up properly from sleep. After sleep, if I press a key on the keyboard or press the power button, I hear the fan and hard drive start up, and the monitor goes from completely off to on yet...