Windows 10: taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

Discus and support taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Two days ago I noticed something very strange with my computer: I tried to open Task Manager (right click on the task bar) and I got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thyan, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Thyan Win User

taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

Hello everyone!
    Two days ago I noticed something very strange with my computer: I tried to open Task Manager (right click on the task bar) and I got an error: The parameter is incorrect. I get the same error when trying to open it from C:\Windows\System32.
    Someone suggested that I should modify the registry, so I tried to open regedit, but got the same error.
    When I tried to run sfc/scannow (Windows+R), it showed me a black window for about a tenth of a second and nothing else happened.
    I read some posts on the internet and found out that I could fix my problem by running a DISM command. but the DISM.exe would not open either *Sad.
    When I click on the Start button (or press Windows key) nothing happens.
    I tried fixing it using a Windows 10 USB drive, managed to run the sfc scan from it, but detected no problems.
    None of these .exe files work in safe mode either.
    Sometimes Chrome cannot access any other website but google (I can do searches, but no other site is accessible). There are some programs that run without problem, but some other would not.
    Is there any way I can fix this, without reinstalling Win10?
    Thanks.

:)

Thyan, Mar 7, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 7, 2019
  3. This Parameter is incorrect 0x80070057 win 10 recovery cd-rom

Hi,

The error "This Parameter is incorrect" usually happens because of a system or disk errors. To isolate this issue, we suggest running CHKDSK using the command prompt. Running CHKDSK
    can check the integrity of a hard disk and can repair various file system errors. To run CHKDSK follow these steps:

• Plug in external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r. You should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or external device.
    • Restart your PC once the process is done.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Mar 7, 2019
  4. taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

Windows 10,Run DLL error pop up

Hello - I am also have DLL issues with Windows 10. I get a rundll error when I try to go to settings.

The error says error running VVCE8/.../MSHTML - the parameter is incorrect.

I tried both suggestions listed above with no success. Any help appreciated....

George

GeorgeMcNeil, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

1. taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter - Similar Threads - taskmgr regedit functions

2. Error Code 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro N I do this dozens of times a day, suddenly if I open a files properties and add a comment in the comment block it won't save the changes, read only is off, this is in my event log, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...
  3. Error Code 0x80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect: I attempted to move some program files from my C: drive to my D: drive to free up space on my ssd (I have almost a TB of space on the D drive and I am running out of space on the SSD) I selected all of the Windows files from Program Files (x86) and moved them [only to the C:...
  4. Problem with sound and other functions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with sound and other functions: The last update to my computer (Inspiron 17 7000 series) took place several days ago. Since then, I am having a problem. When I start my computer, the sound icon show that the volume is set at a certain level. However, as soon as I touch the keyboard (no matter the key),...
  5. regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    regedit: Hi When try to run regedit I now get the following message please could someone give me a solution as I've been unable to resolve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/regedit/2051bdd6-6232-49fa-b2d1-1ee8b5f1ef18
  6. Fix: Cannot run Executables with parameters using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: Cannot run Executables with parameters using PowerShell: When running a command in-line PowerShell with parameters usually you would do this like & "ipconfig.exe /all". When you run it like that you will get the error saying that it is not recognized. & : The term 'ipconfig.exe /all' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,...
  7. adamax keylogger - regedit will not run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    adamax keylogger - regedit will not run: Hit by some ugly malware that seems to prevent me from running regedit or malwarebytes. gangnamgame.net pops up after a reboot as well as adamax keylogger.When I try to run either one of them nothing at all happens. No errors, no window or anything. The spyware is adamax...
  8. Regedit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Regedit: Looking for help with how to clean up My regedit. 47927
  9. help (no taskmgr,cmd,regedit and access denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    help (no taskmgr,cmd,regedit and access denied): So recently I upgraded from 7 to 10, the thing is its already crazy buggy when it first started. so first Edge doesn't work... then after 1 hour, I gave up and restart the computer and reset my PC. Afraid of losing my stuff, I choose to keep my files. then good news Edge...
  10. regedit not open from run command

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit not open from run command: When I bring up the run command (Win+R) and enter regedit or regedit.exe. It does not open. If I enter C:\Windows\regedit.exe, it opens. All other exe files in the windows directory opens fine except for regedit. Windows and System32 folders were missing in the...