Windows 10: taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

Discus and support taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Two days ago I noticed something very strange with my computer: I tried to open Task Manager (right click on the task bar) and I got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thyan, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Thyan Win User

taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

Hello everyone!
    Two days ago I noticed something very strange with my computer: I tried to open Task Manager (right click on the task bar) and I got an error: The parameter is incorrect. I get the same error when trying to open it from C:\Windows\System32.
    Someone suggested that I should modify the registry, so I tried to open regedit, but got the same error.
    When I tried to run sfc/scannow (Windows+R), it showed me a black window for about a tenth of a second and nothing else happened.
    I read some posts on the internet and found out that I could fix my problem by running a DISM command. but the DISM.exe would not open either *Sad.
    When I click on the Start button (or press Windows key) nothing happens.
    I tried fixing it using a Windows 10 USB drive, managed to run the sfc scan from it, but detected no problems.
    None of these .exe files work in safe mode either.
    Sometimes Chrome cannot access any other website but google (I can do searches, but no other site is accessible). There are some programs that run without problem, but some other would not.
    Is there any way I can fix this, without reinstalling Win10?
    Thanks.

:)

Thyan, Mar 7, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 7, 2019
  3. This Parameter is incorrect 0x80070057 win 10 recovery cd-rom

Hi,

The error "This Parameter is incorrect" usually happens because of a system or disk errors. To isolate this issue, we suggest running CHKDSK using the command prompt. Running CHKDSK
    can check the integrity of a hard disk and can repair various file system errors. To run CHKDSK follow these steps:

• Plug in external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r. You should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or external device.
    • Restart your PC once the process is done.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Mar 7, 2019
  4. taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

Windows 10,Run DLL error pop up

Hello - I am also have DLL issues with Windows 10. I get a rundll error when I try to go to settings.

The error says error running VVCE8/.../MSHTML - the parameter is incorrect.

I tried both suggestions listed above with no success. Any help appreciated....

George

GeorgeMcNeil, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter

1. taskmgr, regedit and other functions not running: error: the parameter - Similar Threads - taskmgr regedit functions

2. Regedit Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit Error: Hi, I accidently changed my Regedit file from application type exe to something else... No I cannot open any files and cannot restore my computer. There is no way to open regedit as exe files do not work. I've tried downloading a regedit file and replacing it but no luck. I...
  3. Regedit Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit Error: Hi, I accidently changed my Regedit file from application type exe to something else... No I cannot open any files and cannot restore my computer. There is no way to open regedit as exe files do not work. I've tried downloading a regedit file and replacing it but no luck. I...
  4. Regedit Error

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. valores predeterminados del regedit del mouse parameters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    valores predeterminados del regedit del mouse parameters: Ayuda me pueden pasar el regedit de mouse parameters del que sea y si es mejor de un mouse HyperX Pulsefire Surge. Manden Foto plis Equipo\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mouclass\Parameters Regedit...
  6. valores predeterminados del regedit del mouse parameters

valores predeterminados del regedit del mouse parameters: Ayuda me pueden pasar el regedit de mouse parameters del que sea y si es mejor de un mouse HyperX Pulsefire Surge. Manden Foto plis Equipo\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mouclass\Parameters Regedit...
  7. valores predeterminados del regedit del mouse parameters

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. taskmgr Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskmgr Error: the error So when I try to open taskmgr it gives me this error.I am running windows 10 version 20H2. winverCan You help me with this error please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskmgr-error/52447d56-3ae4-4c4b-a194-c85dc9731fe2
  9. Right-Click Run With Parameters

Right-Click Run With Parameters: Hello. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple 64-bit compatible Windows program that, when you right-click an exe, bat, msi etc. file, that pops up a menu allowing you to run the file with parameters or arguments? NirExt does this task but the program has not been...
  10. help (no taskmgr,cmd,regedit and access denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    help (no taskmgr,cmd,regedit and access denied): So recently I upgraded from 7 to 10, the thing is its already crazy buggy when it first started. so first Edge doesn't work... then after 1 hour, I gave up and restart the computer and reset my PC. Afraid of losing my stuff, I choose to keep my files. then good news Edge...