Windows 10: Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably

Discus and support Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I check the Task Manager, I see numerous copies of each app I have open. Each is shown by Windows as consuming memory. I've also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trevor_darley, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably

Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably jAynNfprVx4YyVo8gd-4wqQlD36Wq6wx2MVHRwzbJOo.jpg

When I check the Task Manager, I see numerous copies of each app I have open. Each is shown by Windows as consuming memory. I've also noticed copies of background processes, such as one related to Adobe.

Shutting down and powering on my laptop did nothing. Right-clicking "End Task" doesn't stop the duplicates from appearing next time I open the app.

I've never noticed this before, despite opening the task manager at least every couple days over the last several months.

Is this some sort of feature in a recent update that allows you to see the different components of one app? Is it a feature that's always been there without me noticing it? Or is this a problem, and if so, what's the solution? I'm on my Surface Laptop 2, running Windows build 18363.1316, version 1909.

Thank you.

Firefox appears 6 times, while Spotify appears 5 times, in the task manager.

submitted by /u/trevor_darley
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trevor_darley, Jan 21, 2021

2. Floating and uncontrolable curser.

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern regarding the uncontrollable cursor when playing games. Please answer the following:

• Have you made recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • Aside from gaming, is the issue also happening when navigating to other programs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse to check if the same issue will occur?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

All my recurring tasks in the To-Do app are being duplicated. So when I mark a recurring task complete, an exact copy of that occurrence appears on the list with the same due date and sub tasks, but the task and all sub tasks are marked incomplete. This
    means that I have to check every sub task and main task complete twice for every recurring task I have. Before marking the next occurrence complete, only one instance of that recurring task appears on the list.

I tried deleting all my recurring tasks (including all previously completed occurrences) and creating the recurring tasks again from scratch, but I am still encountering the same problem.

How do I get rid of the duplicate occurrences permanently and prevent them from being created again?

Devin Walz, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably

Strange duplicate processes in task manager

In task manager, I see many windows services and apps with duplicate processes listed.

I know some duplicates are normal, but this is up twice the amount of duplicates(varied) for a large number of processes inconsistently. I can't tell if it's some new windows feature, or a real virus.

I previously had a virus that was removed by a random malicious software removal tool update. I'm afraid there are still some remnants in there.

Should I be concerned about these duplicates?

Task Manager.png

JacobBeland, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably

1. Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably - Similar Threads - Tasks Apparently Duplicating

2. Apparent contradiction in Task Manager Network usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apparent contradiction in Task Manager Network usage: I'm just curious. This is not a problem. I occasionally notice an apparent contradiction in Task Manager Network usage. It will show total network usage at greater than 20 percent while showing that every process shown is using zero Mbps. Is this a bug in Task Manger? Is...
  3. Apparent contradiction in Task Manager Network usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent contradiction in Task Manager Network usage: I'm just curious. This is not a problem. I occasionally notice an apparent contradiction in Task Manager Network usage. It will show total network usage at greater than 20 percent while showing that every process shown is using zero Mbps. Is this a bug in Task Manger? Is...
  4. duplicate processes in the task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate processes in the task manager: Hello, for some time I have been experiencing a problem with duplicate processes in the task manager, i.e. not every process is duplicated, e.g. I experience two processesCOM surrogate 2xCefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32bit 2xNVIDIA Container x5NVIDIA Share x3Runtime Broker...
  5. duplicate processes in the task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate processes in the task manager: Hello, for some time I have been experiencing a problem with duplicate processes in the task manager, i.e. not every process is duplicated, e.g. I experience two processesCOM surrogate 2xCefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32bit 2xNVIDIA Container x5NVIDIA Share x3Runtime Broker...
  6. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  7. Scrolling uncontrollable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  8. Uncontrollable Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncontrollable Scrolling: After the most recent Windows 10 update I now experience odd moments of uncontrollable scrolling. Anywhere in the settings app, if the page can be scrolled down it will scroll down to the bottom even after resizing the window. In the task manager, the Details and Services...
  9. uncontrollable cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uncontrollable cursor: Hi all, the problem I am having is my cursor moves all over the screen and is hard to control when a page is loading like ebay or youtube, it is a Lenovo laptop running windows 10, hope someone can help....
  10. Scrolling is uncontrolable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...