Windows 10: Tasks popup when I hold mouse to drag for more than 10 secs

Discus and support Tasks popup when I hold mouse to drag for more than 10 secs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I will be selecting a range in photoshop when the background tasks popup. Very annoying as selection disappears. Can't find anything to stop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveLancashire, May 22, 2020.

1. Tasks popup when I hold mouse to drag for more than 10 secs

I will be selecting a range in photoshop when the background tasks popup. Very annoying as selection disappears.

Can't find anything to stop.

Thanks in advance for help

:)

SteveLancashire, May 22, 2020
  2. TheGlow Win User

Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is.
    If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon doesnt respond for 1 sec.
    The mouse cursor moves fine, no lag.
    Example, I left click and drag a desktop folder a few spots over and release. the mouse cursor clicks on the folder, the cursor moves over. and about 1 second from when I left clicked, the folder will appear where I released it.
    If I left click the folder, drag it over, but hold left click, then the folder will appear under the cursor and I can move it around like normal.
    If I right click and drag a folder and release it takes about 1 sec for the context menu to show up.
    Just right clicking brings up the context menu instantly.
    This isnt restricted to the desktop. This is any icon, in any folder. Drag/drop to same folder, different folders or even across drives, it makes no difference.

TheGlow, May 22, 2020
  3. Computer does not recognize mouse hold

Yes, I have tried such tests before. And no, it doesn't work that way for me. As far as the computer is concerned, I never used the right-button on the icon; it only knows that my mouse is not currently above any icon and registered my 'release' as the click, thus giving me the basic 'view', 'sort by', and 'refresh' menu. The options your suggesting don't exist, because the computer didn't register me 'selecting' the icon in the first place before dragging.

The same test is valid for all the other functions I've mentioned. If the right mouse button was working like it was supposed to, I'd be able to use any basic right-button-hold function in any game I play, but I can't in any of them, because the computer doesn't know I'm holding the button down.

PaulAsaran, May 22, 2020
  4. Nasho23 Win User

Tasks popup when I hold mouse to drag for more than 10 secs

Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

I have just discovered that Win 10 will not show Task Bar Browser Icons to popup on Mouse Hover, as it used to do.
    Regards

Nasho23, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Tasks popup when I hold mouse to drag for more than 10 secs

1. Tasks popup when I hold mouse to drag for more than 10 secs - Similar Threads - Tasks popup hold

2. Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds: So, basically, my problem is that I can't hold a key down for more than around 30-40 seconds. For example: If I'm holding down W in a videogame, my character will stop walking after 30 seconds and I will have to press W again to continue walking. This is really annoying in...
  3. Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds: So, basically, my problem is that I can't hold a key down for more than around 30-40 seconds. For example: If I'm holding down W in a videogame, my character will stop walking after 30 seconds and I will have to press W again to continue walking. This is really annoying in...
  4. Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me: In adobe illustrator i were using pen tool to create curves but it was acting erratically then i thought it was software problem but when i select something in google by dragging the same thing is happening so pls help me is it the mouse problem or the driver i thought it was...
  6. My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me: In adobe illustrator i were using pen tool to create curves but it was acting erratically then i thought it was software problem but when i select something in google by dragging the same thing is happening so pls help me is it the mouse problem or the driver i thought it was...
  7. CPU Usage more than 70%+ when open task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Usage more than 70%+ when open task manager: [ATTACH] So when i tried to open task manager, the CPU usage usually show at 50 - 100% IN IDLE MODE. I'm not doing anything or playing games, i thought it firstly it was System Interrupt. But when i search down for System Interrupt it shows only 0.1% usage. How can i...
  8. Hard drive displays more storage than it can hold.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive displays more storage than it can hold.: So recently I went to check the storage on my hard drive, to see if its running out of space. But when I checked it it showed that my desktop folder had anywhere between 2.82 EB of files in it to 11.7 EB. All of the folders on the hard drive seem to have inflated sizes on the...
  9. Is it just me, or is the hold and drag function flickering more than usual? Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it just me, or is the hold and drag function flickering more than usual? Surface Book 2: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RoiteTrom36 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/huyl6w/is_it_just_me_or_is_the_hold_and_drag_function/
  10. Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kein_Humor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g190gy/windows_10_mouse_lag_when_dragging_holding_left/