Windows 10: Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery

Discus and support Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an serious problem on all laptops, running Windows 10 pro or home current version 2004 I have created several scheduled tasks, triggered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RUphoff, Oct 10, 2020.

1. RUphoff Win User

Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery

Hi,

I have an serious problem on all laptops, running Windows 10 pro or home current version 2004

I have created several scheduled tasks, triggered at startup and running under an administrator account, regardless the user is logged on or not.

The task is configured to start always, thus even if working on battery or on AC power. The task must run always. However, if the AC power is disconnected, all tasks are stopped. The task history displays "Task stopped, because switched to battery".

This must not happen. I must be able while working, to move to another locations, without having to restart the computer to get important tasks running again. It looks like a bug or design error. Whatever, I did noting wrong configuring those tasks, and it happens on all laptops i tried.

Kind regards,

Ruud Uphoff

:)

RUphoff, Oct 10, 2020

2. Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery

(Windows 10 Pro) Set task scheduler to gracefully shutdown when switching to battery

Long story short, we have a requirement tossed on us to make a Surface 3 shut down upon commercial power loss. I have went through Microsoft support, and we tried several things to attempt to disable the battery and allow "hard" off which is what the spec requires. This would not work. Opening the surface is a self destruct suicide mission and a waste of time across 20 of them. So I am attempting to execute a soft-off with " shutdown.exe /s /t 1 " My loss is at how to hook that command into Task scheduler. I have found many batch file examples to check the current state but I would think task scheduler would be able to hook into Window's own Broadcast messages that it sends when battery state is switched. Any help?

As suggested, here are basic requirements:

~Needs to operate at a near baseline level, so when the computer is groddy/barely running because of memory leaks or other software freezing, it could potentially still run.

~Needs to be able to shut the PC down

Reasoning behind:

This is for a multimedia touch display which will have custom built x 20 software running fullscreen. It is to be fully PoE. We have engineered a wall mounting kit and the ability to put all devices(splitters/converters/adapters) behind it in a 4" square box. We need the ability to conduct hard resets over the network if a soft reset fails. The simplest solution would be no battery, disable PoE to port, then it shuts down. This is not possible per microsoft. The next step would be windows executing a shutdown if Power is lost (switching to battery) as this would be our steps if a network command to reset fails. Network port binding up/crashing/ect.. Hence why Task scheduler was chosen as the route as being baked into windows, it has a better chance of running still if other things are broken.

Antony T. , Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery

1. Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery - Similar Threads - Tasks scheduler stops

2. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  3. HP BATTERY WARNING PROBLEM BUT HP IS NOT IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP BATTERY WARNING PROBLEM BUT HP IS NOT IN TASK SCHEDULER: So,i have been getting this message on my laptop for the past couple a day of my battery and i can't replace it, but what can i do to remove this message?i did some research but after that I found that task scheduler could help but after that i followed the Steps from hp site...
  4. HP BATTERY WARNING PROBLEM BUT HP IS NOT IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP BATTERY WARNING PROBLEM BUT HP IS NOT IN TASK SCHEDULER: So,i have been getting this message on my laptop for the past couple a day of my battery and i can't replace it, but what can i do to remove this message?i did some research but after that I found that task scheduler could help but after that i followed the Steps from hp site...
  5. Task scheduler started and then stopped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler started and then stopped: I have tried to restart my pc, the command sfc /scannow, all its dependencies are started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-started-and-then-stopped/c93037d9-1f67-4608-83df-68be8f2da9df
  6. Task scheduler stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler stopped working.: Task scheduler stop working after two different events took place. First the PC started to becoming erratic opening and closing document and video files randomly. At that time I attempted to perform a system restore that W10 reported it as failed attempts. Later the Microsoft...
  7. Task Scheduler Stops Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Stops Running: Windows 10 20H2 OS build: 19042.685 Task Scheduler has stopped working for some reason. Here is the error: Code: Faulting application name: svchost.exe_Schedule, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x058e175aFaulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time...
  8. Issues with task scheduler running on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with task scheduler running on battery: Hi all, I've been having trouble getting task scheduler to run a program (throttlestop for CPU undervolt) reliably on boot. It runs on AC but never on battery. My trigger is log on of any user. I've also tried on startup. As for config; its set up to run whether the user is...
  9. Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.: I want Task Scheduler to run a task when on battery because my antivirus consumes a lot of battery, and if possible it would be nice it could do the opposite. It would reopen the antivirus with Task Scheduler when connected to AC....
  10. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....