Windows 10: TaskSchedulerLibrary\Microsoft\OneCore\DirectX: Permission to delete?

Discus and support TaskSchedulerLibrary\Microsoft\OneCore\DirectX: Permission to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On one (and only one of three) of my PCs running 20H2 Pro, Task Scheduler has a OneCore folder (which contains a DirectX folder which contains NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wisewiz, May 31, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

TaskSchedulerLibrary\Microsoft\OneCore\DirectX: Permission to delete?

On one (and only one of three) of my PCs running 20H2 Pro, Task Scheduler has a OneCore folder (which contains a DirectX folder which contains NO tasks), and when I try to delete the empty sub-folder and then tried to delete the OneCore folder (to see what would happen there), I get a "User account does not have permission to delete this folder." I've never seen that in TaskSched before. It occurs when I run TaskSched as Admin as well. What is that OneCore thing, and why can't I just dump it, since it's not on my other comps and has no apparent job to do? [edit] Sorry: just found the thing on all three. Don't know why I didn't see it before. The question stands, though: what is it and why can't I dump it?

:)

Wisewiz, May 31, 2021

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 31, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 31, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

1. TaskSchedulerLibrary\Microsoft\OneCore\DirectX: Permission to delete? - Similar Threads - TaskSchedulerLibraryMicrosoftOneCoreDirectX Permission delete

2. Deleted users permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted users permission: I accidently deleted all user permission to C drive and now cannot access anything from the drive. Or anything related to the drive . I CANNOT RESET THE PC, CANNOT OPEN ANY BROWSERS TO DOENLOAD ANYTHING , CANNOT ACCESS CMD OR ANYTHING EVEN REARLY RELATEDTO THE C DRIVE...
  3. Deleted users permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted users permission: I accidently deleted all user permission to C drive and now cannot access anything from the drive. Or anything related to the drive . I CANNOT RESET THE PC, CANNOT OPEN ANY BROWSERS TO DOENLOAD ANYTHING , CANNOT ACCESS CMD OR ANYTHING EVEN REARLY RELATEDTO THE C DRIVE...
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  5. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  6. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Adminstrator's permission to delete.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adminstrator's permission to delete.: I would like adminstrator's permission to delete all my Skype files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adminstrators-permission-to-delete/dd8334c1-02db-44c8-be81-47b749afbb7d
  8. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Administrator permission to delete a folder: Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-delete-a-folder/8d4ff131-fddb-408d-8e98-81fe7b6c3e1f"
  9. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  10. No permission to delete

No permission to delete: [ATTACH] I can't move it in any other folder, delete it or anything else, i tried CMD with admin but nothing, if i try to give my self perms it doesn't let me also i kinda crashed a app, and i can't close it via task manager or cmd[ATTACH]...