Windows 10: Taskview virtual desktop switches back to original one when opening certain programs

Discus and support Taskview virtual desktop switches back to original one when opening certain programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to multi task and use different desktops for my different programs but certain programs like Teams or Outlook will trigger the virtual desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StarkTech-01-02-03-, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Taskview virtual desktop switches back to original one when opening certain programs

I want to multi task and use different desktops for my different programs but certain programs like Teams or Outlook will trigger the virtual desktop to switch back to the main first desktop.

Is there a way to use taskviewer on windows 10 that will let me open Teams or other programs in different virtual desktops vs JUST the main one.

submitted by /u/StarkTech-01-02-03-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StarkTech-01-02-03-, Jun 10, 2024

2. Windwos 10 Virtual Desktop: TaskView mode immediately returns to desktop when pressing Win+Tab or TaskView icon

I like Windows 10 Virtual Desktop function. But it also made me crazy as it's working strange.

As the title suggested pressing Win+tab or TaskView icon once changes to TaskView mode.

But it immediately returns to desktop without any activity. Then pressing it once more it

stays there and I can do something on it. So to say to show TaskView mode I almost always

required pressing Win+Tab or TaskView icon twice. I'm using several Windows 10 PCs

and they are all showing same symptom.

This is really annoying and I couldn't find any solution for it.

Is there anybody suffered this kind of problem and fixed?

Thanks,

SY

Seungyong Kwon, Jun 10, 2024
  3. SimonLidd Win User
    Programs open in wrong Virtual Desktop

I have a written a program which enhances Windows 10 desktops and works around this issue for you by detecting the switch to a new desktop to open the existing document and then open of a new document - it then moves it back where it belongs.

Virtual Desktop Grid Switcher

Full set of features are:

• Windows 10 Desktop Switcher using a grid layout
    • Switch desktops using arrow keys with configurable modifier keys
    • Move active window to another desktop using keyboard
    • Make windows Always on Top or Sticky using keyboard
    • Activate last active window when switch from empty desktop (Windows 10 bug)
    • Chrome/Firefox activation to make web links open on same desktop if window exists
    • Word/Excel new window detected and moved back to current desktop if auto-switched
    Enjoy!

Simon

SimonLidd, Jun 10, 2024
  4. Taskview virtual desktop switches back to original one when opening certain programs

Cannot open additional virtual desktops

OS Windows 10 - I cannot enable a new virtual desktop. After opening windows, when I click on taskview, the existing file is is seen as a preview (small size) along with any other files opened earlier. But there is no dialogue like ‘add new desktop’ either at right hand bottom corner or any other place. I am forced to open all files in the same (1st and only) desktop. Any suggestion as to how to be able to add more desktops will be welcome.

yashpal2305, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

Taskview virtual desktop switches back to original one when opening certain programs

1. Taskview virtual desktop switches back to original one when opening certain programs - Similar Threads - Taskview virtual desktop

2. Explorer crashing when switching between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing when switching between virtual desktops: Explorer regularly becomes unresponsive and after a minute or two restarts when switching between virtual desktops. I've not noticed any other patter to this, a restart fixes it for a while but then the problem returns....
  3. Desktop background reverts back to original when I go from one desktop to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background reverts back to original when I go from one desktop to another.: I have a slideshow of pictures as my desktop wallpaper, and the folder for those pictures is in my onedrive. Previously everything was working fine. But recently every time I go from desktop 1 to desktop 2, the desktop personalization changes from slideshow to picture...
  4. Desktop background reverts back to original when I go from one desktop to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background reverts back to original when I go from one desktop to another.: I have a slideshow of pictures as my desktop wallpaper, and the folder for those pictures is in my onedrive. Previously everything was working fine. But recently every time I go from desktop 1 to desktop 2, the desktop personalization changes from slideshow to picture...
  5. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  6. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  7. How to open a program on another virtual desktops with going back to the original desktop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to open a program on another virtual desktops with going back to the original desktop ?: Hi, I want to use a program on two virtuals desktops. the problem is that once I open it on a second desktop, It goes back to the first desktop the original one. I want to use it on two separate desktops how?...
  8. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  9. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops: Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual desktop 2 Open two different full windowed excels Hit windows-tab And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...