Windows 10: Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store

Discus and support Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I'm selling a software in Microsoft Store. I'm based in EU. I have two tax-related questions. 1) In App Developer Agreement there is a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by martinprikryl, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store

Hello,

I'm selling a software in Microsoft Store. I'm based in EU.

I have two tax-related questions.

1) In App Developer Agreement there is a clause (6. g.) that says:

Microsoft will deduct such taxes from the amount owed and pay them to the appropriate taxing authority and, as required, will secure and deliver to you an official receipt for any such taxes withheld.

I've never received any such receipt. Is it send by an email? Or should it be available somewhere in the Partner Center?

2) VAT info article in UPW documentation suggests that being EU-based, while I registering, I should have been asked for my EU VAT ID.

I do not think I was.

Now I'm concerned that ID will be missing somewhere and may cause troubles with tax authorities.

Does anything have any experience with this?

Martin

:)

martinprikryl, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Turbo tax will not open

Hi Max,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using
    turbo tax 2015. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if the turbo tax 2015
    is corrupt.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the
    turbo tax 2015. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Microsoft Store Asking for Payment Method?

My guess is that they are collection your local sales taxes / VAT.

Rohn007, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Morgoth Win User

Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store

Microsoft Appeals Against the Record 899 Mln Euro EU Fine

i would say stop selling retail in eu and only schip by order
    i prefer to buy stuff in us then in eu cus i need to pay 15-20% tax on hardware/software :S

Morgoth, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store

1. Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Tax receipt VAT

2. need vat invoice with vat number

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    need vat invoice with vat number: I have purchased 57 Microsoft windows 10 pro from microsoft store Our Company name and VAT number should mention on invoice then only its valid Tax invoice,...
  3. need vat invoice with vat number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need vat invoice with vat number: I have purchased 57 Microsoft windows 10 pro from microsoft store Our Company name and VAT number should mention on invoice then only its valid Tax invoice,...
  4. need vat invoice with vat number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .HR Block tax software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  6. .HR Block tax software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  7. Tax software will not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tax software will not install: I am trying to install HR Block tax software. Each time, I am prompted to allow access to the drive I select Yes, and then nothing. I have turned off the antivirus Norton and firewall, no difference. I have disabled OneDrive, again nothing. Is there something in Windows...
  8. Is there a way to sell fonts in the microsoft store?

Is there a way to sell fonts in the microsoft store?: I recently came to know that we can buy fonts from the microsoft store, so I was interested to know if there is any way to sell fonts on microsoft store by creating a developer/seller account?...
  9. Microsoft Store Receipt Email

Microsoft Store Receipt Email: Hello, I just made a recent purchase on the Microsoft store, specifically the new Xbox. I was notified that my receipt went to the original and now closed email for this account. Clearly, my current email is linked to this account or I would not be able to log on this...
  10. Physical Microsoft Store Purchase Receipt

Physical Microsoft Store Purchase Receipt: I purchased a laptop from the Microsoft Store in Tysons Corner, VA Store #10 in late 2018. I also purchased the PerformanceGuard Protection Plan. I need to file a claim now, however, when PerformanceGuard looks up the serial number of the laptop, they can not find it....