Windows 10: Tax software will not install

Discus and support Tax software will not install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to install HR Block tax software. Each time, I am prompted to allow access to the drive I select Yes, and then nothing. I have turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WmC03, Feb 24, 2021.

1. WmC03 Win User

Tax software will not install

I am trying to install HR Block tax software. Each time, I am prompted to allow access to the drive I select Yes, and then nothing. I have turned off the antivirus Norton and firewall, no difference. I have disabled OneDrive, again nothing. Is there something in Windows 10 that is preventing the install?

:)

WmC03, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Turbo tax will not open

Hi Max,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using
    turbo tax 2015. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if the turbo tax 2015
    is corrupt.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the
    turbo tax 2015. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 Installation problem with Turbo tax disc

Hi Jeanene,

To better understand the concern, kindly provide us the following information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you insert the installation disc?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to install Turbo Tax?
    • When you insert the installation disc of Turbo Tax, can you see the installation file on File Explorer?
    In the meantime, kindly perform the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa
    which can be found on this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Argel Obm, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Turbo Tax 2015 and Windows 10

Hi Chery,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Turbo Tax 2015 and check.

Install the Turbo Tax in Compatibility Mode.

Refer the link below for steps to install a program in compatibility mode.

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

(Applies to Windows 10)

If issue persists I suggest you to contact Turbo Tax from the link below.

Frequently Asked Questions.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/best-tax-software/common-questions.jsp

We're here to help you

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Tax software will not install - Similar Threads - Tax software install

2. installing turbo tax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing turbo tax: how do I open the disc door to install turbo tax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-turbo-tax/6c357916-6976-4558-b33f-658988bf7630
  3. installing turbo tax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing turbo tax: how do I open the disc door to install turbo tax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-turbo-tax/6c357916-6976-4558-b33f-658988bf7630
  4. .HR Block tax software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  5. .HR Block tax software

.HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  6. tax sofware installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tax sofware installation: I purchased HR Block Tax software for 2021. I cannot get the software to install. When I click on the installation file, my computer asks for permission to install. I respond yes and then nothing happens.I have attempted to run the program as administrator, but that makes no...
  7. tax sofware installation

tax sofware installation: I purchased HR Block Tax software for 2021. I cannot get the software to install. When I click on the installation file, my computer asks for permission to install. I respond yes and then nothing happens.I have attempted to run the program as administrator, but that makes no...
  8. tax sofware installation

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Trouble activating Turbo Tax Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble activating Turbo Tax Software: The latest upgrades have caused Turbo Tax to stop fully loading. It appears that all consumers are having the same problems since the latest upgrade to 21H21. Does anyone have a fix? Some have overcome this by 100% scaling and lower resolution but it hasn't helped me at all....
  10. Turbo tax install

Turbo tax install: I am running windows 10. Installed turbo tax then screen comes up to look for updates and I get an error message.noticed computer was in airplane mode got that turned off and tried again. Still getting error message. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. 38512