Windows 10: TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

Discus and support TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 2018-07 OS Build 17134.167 (KB4345421) on multiple machines with 8 Mgb + memory. Uverse Pace to Linksys EA 4500 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DELTA4894, Jul 22, 2018.

1. DELTA4894 Win User

TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 2018-07 OS Build 17134.167 (KB4345421) on multiple machines with 8 Mgb + memory.

Uverse Pace to Linksys EA 4500 to Server 2016 Essentials Network with a domain.

DHCP on Router 192.168.100.254
    DNS Server 192.168.100.10

Five desktops and I have lost count of laptops.

Ethernet (or WIFI) Properties, TCP/Iv6 disabled

TCP/Iv4 Properties, General- Obtain an IP address automatically, Obtain DNS server address automatically

Second setting arbitrarily resets to Use the following DNS server addresses : Preferred DNS Server 192.168.100.10

WIFI laptops connect to WIFI but often with the orange asterisk (Not connected to INTERNET)

I ran the MS malware checker with no hits, No "funny" programs running.

This all probably started with KB4338819 (2018-07a for 1803)

Something is resetting the Obtain DNS server address automatically.
    Any ideas?

Are we "working on this"? It is not my imagination. Others have the same problem.

On the "Can not find other computers on the network question", the DNS returned for the computer name is often not the DNS on the system.

If I check where Linksys says that computer name is, I can ping and view files at will.
    Often, if I look under the computer name, it pings some other address.

Thank you

:)

DELTA4894, Jul 22, 2018

2. DNS Server Address

Hello there,

I want to ask a question, What Happen if i change my DNS Server Addresses into
    Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties(on my router properties). I was using my default router DNS Server Address then i changed it into Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically.
    Because when i was using my router DNS Server i cant browse on any Internet Browser. Now i changed my setting into Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically, now i can browse like usual. But. Will it affected with my router provider ? Or Do you have any others
    fix to make me can browse on internet without changing that DNS Settings.

Arya Pradata, Jul 22, 2018
  3. innerlite Win User
    DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically

Hello,

When I change "Use the following DNS server addresses:" under: Network connections -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and try to set it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS), press OK and close, settings are saved but revert back to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" after less than a minute.

Many thanks in advance

innerlite, Jul 22, 2018
  4. TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

DNS server

Hi,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you try one or more of the following methods.

Method 1: Restart the router

Remove the power cord from the router. After all lights on the router have gone out, wait at least 10 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the router.

Method 2: Configure the TCP/IP settings

Configure the TCP/IP settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Click View network status and tasks under Networking and Internet.
    • Click Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
    • Select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.
    • Select Obtain an IPv6 address automatically, select Obtain DNS servers address automatically, and then click OK.
    • Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
    • Select Obtain an IP address automatically, select Obtain DNS servers address automatically, and then click OK.
    Method 3: Use the Ipconfig command-line tool

Use the Ipconfig command-line tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type command prompt in the Search Programs and files box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

For more information about the Ipconfig commands and what they do, go to the following Microsoft Technet website:

General information about the Ipconfig commands

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

1. TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets - Similar Threads - TCP IPv4 Obtain

2. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address: it does assign one at startup. but it just disappears after 5 seconds after booting upwhen i hover my mouse over my ethernet connection on the taskbar it says there's 2 network connection'sit says there is internet but there's not i cant access itnetworknetwork 2when this...
  3. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address: it does assign one at startup. but it just disappears after 5 seconds after booting upwhen i hover my mouse over my ethernet connection on the taskbar it says there's 2 network connection'sit says there is internet but there's not i cant access itnetworknetwork 2when this...
  4. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Failed to obtain IP address from DHCP Server

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to obtain IP address from DHCP Server: [ATTACH]DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It provides IP addresses and other related configuration information such as subnet mask and default gateway to the client machine. DHCP is important, especially when it comes to large networks because it...
  6. IPV4 disabling pc to obtain an IP adress automatically

IPV4 disabling pc to obtain an IP adress automatically: Every time I restart my pc, I notice I am connected to my network, however, I have no internet connection. After looking at my Wifi properties I noticed in the TCP/IPv4 properties it was set so I would have to enter my IP address and DNS server addresses manually; setting...
  7. Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address

Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address: I'm not able to access my localhost server xampp htdocs via my ip address, what setting should be made to do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-localhost-server-via-my-ipv4-address/fa1b5c38-073e-415c-b274-652b1bdefede
  8. TCP/IPv4 Properties

TCP/IPv4 Properties: Hello . I have one question . I have currently a DNS server addresses configured inside the router settings configuration . the question is : is better also set in the "use the following DNS server addresses " the same DNS server addresses that are set in the...
  9. I cannot set my network to "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

I cannot set my network to "Obtain DNS server address automatically": I cannot connect to my university network because I need my adaptor set to "Obtain DNS server address automatically". Every time I change it, it keeps resetting to "Use the following server addresses" 127.0.0.2 Any advice would be much appreciated....
  10. How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent

How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent: Hi all, I have been having some Internet issues at my new school. A while back, a friend set my laptop to "use the following DNS server addresses" and put in the Google DNS addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Apparently, these don't work on this school's Internet. Whenever I...