Windows 10: tcpip6 not found?

Discus and support tcpip6 not found? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it normal that if I type net start tcpip6 on the cmd the result system error 2, not found? Also, I do not have the file tcpip6.sys on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eXtremeDevil, Oct 15, 2015.

1. tcpip6 not found?

Is it normal that if I type net start tcpip6 on the cmd the result system error 2, not found?

Also, I do not have the file tcpip6.sys on /system32/drivers.

Why is that?

Thanks!

:)

eXtremeDevil, Oct 15, 2015
  2. .Blaze. Win User

Default tcpip6 registry values

Hi, I was trying to solve the teredo tunneling problem and modified the wrong registry parameters. When I restarted the PC, it had a 99% CPU usage. I managed to reset winsock and ipv6 through cmd, which apparently solved the problem, but I still see the
    values I modified in the registry.

Can someone please provide me the default values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Tcpip6/Parameters/Winsock expecially for "MaxSockAddrLength", "MinSockAddrLength", "OfflineCapable" and "UseDelayAcceptance"? As I hadn't any luck looking
    for them online.

Thank you.

.Blaze., Oct 15, 2015
  3. Cannot connect to Homegroup

Hi Keiro,

For us to assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot of the Registry Editor window when you go the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters path.

Patricia Yu, Oct 15, 2015
  4. tcpip6 not found?

I did sfc /scannow and DISM and everything is OK. Maybe is and old service from Win8.1 that doesn't exists on Win10? I did the upgrade...

eXtremeDevil, Oct 24, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    IPv6 does exist, but just because you do not get an address, means that it is broken. Also it has nothing to do with Windows 8.1, nor is it an old service.

The only time that you will get an IPv6 IP, is if your Gateway that you have from your ISP has the ability to do 4:6 tunneling, Toredo, or you actually can go to a website that uses IPv6 or Home Group.

bro67, Oct 25, 2015
  6. But the error is that the service is not found, it has something to do to the fact that I don't have a IPv6 running?

eXtremeDevil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

tcpip6 not found?

1. tcpip6 not found? - Similar Threads - tcpip6 found

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner scan first found 14 infected files, but then says nothing found - why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner scan first found 14 infected files, but then says nothing found - why?: I have had issues in the past week with random high 90-100% CPU, which drops the moment I look at task manager; intermittent slowing and hanging, particularly with the Bing homepage and searches; and the black window flashing up intermittently. I ran virus/malware scans with...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner scan first found 14 infected files, but then says nothing found - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner scan first found 14 infected files, but then says nothing found - why?: I have had issues in the past week with random high 90-100% CPU, which drops the moment I look at task manager; intermittent slowing and hanging, particularly with the Bing homepage and searches; and the black window flashing up intermittently. I ran virus/malware scans with...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner scan first found 14 infected files, but then says nothing found - why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  6. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  7. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  8. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  9. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works

Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works: I have updated several drivers suggested on the Dell Support site, including audio drivers. After these updates, no audio output/input device shows. Audio only works with AirPods. I have tried every possible "fix," and none are working.I discovered that the "Realtek Audio...