Windows 10: team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to...

Discus and support team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; team, half an hour i was working on my laptop. its windows 10. my d drive was around 312gb and suddenly is see 280+ gb free. however before that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shyam1980, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Shyam1980 Win User

team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to...

team,

half an hour i was working on my laptop. its windows 10. my d drive was around 312gb and suddenly is see 280+ gb free. however before that it was only 50GB. so all the files got deleted autmatically. it had data from last 15yrs of work and personal and financial. dont have backup..

i am scratching my head. please save me to get my data. i havent deleted any data. it suddenly disappeared.

thanks

shyam.

:)

Shyam1980, Aug 20, 2019

2. c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Are you trying to install any programs/games?

If you need 5 GB space to install any programs, deleting the cloud data from One Drive does not help you to get the required space in your drive.

I suggest you to delete the unwanted data and unused applications to clean up the drive.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to... :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 20, 2019
  4. team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to...

D Drive

Thank you, RAJU.MSC for your answer. I don’t know if it is necessary to steal/partition drive D or even if I would be comfortable doing that.
    It may be easier to just do as DaveM121 suggests and use Drive D for my data and keep the 128 GB ssd drive C for downloads and programs as it is much quicker.
    Your thoughts?

LifeLearner101, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to...

1. team urgent help 250+gb data got deleted from d drive without me doing anything . want to... - Similar Threads - team urgent help

2. deleted windows os now laptop wont allow me to do much of anything! help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    deleted windows os now laptop wont allow me to do much of anything! help!: i was trying to clean out some files so i had enough free space to factory reset laptop , and i accidentally deleted windows 32 operating system and possibly other files that were empty but important i guess. now laptop has a black screen and wont allow me to troubleshoot...
  3. Got a blue screen. I want delete all data in drives and reinstall windows 10.

Got a blue screen. I want delete all data in drives and reinstall windows 10.: Today, I got a blue screen. After so many hours of looking for tutorials to help me fix this problem, I got no solution. So I wanted to know if I can reinstall windows 10 and delete all data in my 2 drives (HDD & SSD)....
  4. Fixes for error 0xc000014c did not work for me. Got anything else to help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixes for error 0xc000014c did not work for me. Got anything else to help?: Restarted to install latest update and it crashed my computer with the above mentioned code and I haven't been able to resolve this issue yet with any fixes I've found....
  5. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...
  6. My USB drive data got deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB drive data got deleted: When i tried installing win10 the disk was required to be converted to GPT, and inorder to do it i had to use Shift + f10 type: Diskpart type: List Disk type: Select Disk (and whatever number disk you want to change) type: Clean type: Convert GPT And then i selected the...
  7. Need help deleting folders *URGENT*

Need help deleting folders *URGENT*: Alright, so recent I downloaded CCleaner cause I heard good things and it snuck in the Avast anti-virus download without me looking. For the longest time I truely didn't care but ever since then my computer kept being bogged down and slow. I looked into things and it turned...
  8. All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized: Hello everyone I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA. After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D...
  9. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Support
    Help urgent: Help I bought a copy of windows 10 and now the person is saying they are going to revoke the windows licence can they do this and what does it mean 24535
  10. cant save anything on D: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    cant save anything on D: drive: I have my C: drive as an SSD and it holds all the operating system, however everything else has saved there too, i have a 1tb hard drive as well under D: drive but I cant move anything to it, it simply asks me to make shortcuts, so things like music and videos are taking up a...