Windows 10: Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account.

Discus and support Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I have a personal laptop which has Teams installed.During the Teams installation/login, I made sure uncheck the box that allows my organization to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fuckingretard, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account.

Hi,I have a personal laptop which has Teams installed.During the Teams installation/login, I made sure uncheck the box that allows my organization to manage my device.Today, I was managing my bitlocker keys and noticed this laptop has an option I have never seen before - save to your azure AD.This computer shouldn't be connected to an AD, so why is it doing this?How do I change it back so that I can save my keys to my microsoft account?Also, I was choosing a profile name for my work account so I could get support but I couldn't get it work a couple of times.Despite my frustration, I keep tryin

:)

fuckingretard, Sep 13, 2021

2. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

Hi,

For the specific information and proper assistance regarding your BitLocker, we would suggest in reaching out to our TechNet team through this link. You can also refer to the post of MeipoXu through this

thread
    which is also from our TechNet forums as a reference that can possibly resolve your issue. If the issue still persists, it would be best to post your concern on their forums to have the appropriate steps to take in resolving the issue. You can easily
    reach out to them by clicking on this
    link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Arno Win User

Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account.

How to save my BitLocker recovery key to my personal Microsoft account, when there is a domain account connected?

I want to encrypt some personal hard drives with BitLocker on Windows 10, and save the recovery keys to my personal Microsoft account, which is the one I connect to Windows with.

The problem is that I have also connected my university's domain account, and BitLocker will only let me save the key to this uni account : the "Save to Microsoft account" option in the BitLocker setup window has been replaced with "Save to your cloud domain account", and when I select this, the key doesn't appear in my Microsoft account's recovery keys list, which I assume means that the key has been sent to my uni's network instead.

These keys are for personal drives and I want to save them to my personal account. I don't want to remove the domain account entirely as it's convenient. How can I choose which account to save the BitLocker recovery keys to ?

Thema:

Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account.

1. Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Teams preventing saving

2. Bitlocker Key is missing in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key is missing in my Microsoft account: I have two laptops that were registered in my Microsoft Account at the same time. Both devices are shown in my account, I need the Bitlocker key to unlock one of the laptops ; however, when I go to that device and click on "manage recovery keys" there is only one key for the...
  3. Bitlocker key not appearing in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not appearing in my microsoft account: Hello everybody, thanks for hearing me!I did recently the bios update and now after a few restarts this bitlocker bug happened at least this is what I found online.I go to my microsoft account trying to find my encription key and then some error happens and I can't get any...
  4. Bitlocker key not appearing in my microsoft account

Bitlocker key not appearing in my microsoft account: Hello everybody, thanks for hearing me!I did recently the bios update and now after a few restarts this bitlocker bug happened at least this is what I found online.I go to my microsoft account trying to find my encription key and then some error happens and I can't get any...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  6. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  7. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  8. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  9. I'm having trouble saving my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.

I'm having trouble saving my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.: Not sure why it does this but, I can't save my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.Any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-saving-my-bitlocker-keys-to-my/82dbffae-04d1-4d44-9489-e6e9d2c53895
  10. How to get the bitlocker key from my microsoft account

How to get the bitlocker key from my microsoft account: How to get the bitlocker key from my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-the-bitlocker-key-from-my-microsoft/6bd5087b-b237-4d80-88a4-d4cdd5908b38"