Windows 10: Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

Discus and support Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing Teams my speakers and microphone stopped working.Re-installing the Realtek drivers has not cured the problem.Diagnostics say I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rc12002, Jan 10, 2023.

1. rc12002 Win User

Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

After installing Teams my speakers and microphone stopped working.Re-installing the Realtek drivers has not cured the problem.Diagnostics say I have no sound. I knew that.Before Teams, it was fine.

:)

rc12002, Jan 10, 2023
  2. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Jan 10, 2023
  3. askman Win User
    Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams.

When I turn on the PC and headphones, I have two devices shown under Sounds > Playback - headphones and headset. The headset is also available under Sounds > Recording so I am assuming that this is the microphone element of my Bluetooth headphones.

When I start MS Teams, audio only works if the headset is selected for both Speaker and Microphone under the options in MS Teams, however the audio quality is terrible when listening with the headset as the active device.

I had resolved this by disabling the headset under Sounds > Playback, but this stops any audio working in MS teams.

I could deal with the poor quality if it was only the audio from the MS Teams call but when I set the headset as the speaker device in Teams it stops any other applications from using the headphones device.

askman, Jan 10, 2023
  4. Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Windows Phones for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

1. Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone - Similar Threads - Teams killed sound

2. Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone: After installing Teams my speakers and microphone stopped working.Re-installing the Realtek drivers has not cured the problem.Diagnostics say I have no sound. I knew that.Before Teams, it was fine....
  3. Huawei Sound X Bluetooth Speaker and Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huawei Sound X Bluetooth Speaker and Microphone: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a Huawei Sound X speaker connected on my computer via bluetooth. I hear sounds clear, but my Windows 10 Pro & 11 Pro can not recognize it as microphone.I will be glad with your solution proposal....
  4. Huawei Sound X Bluetooth Speaker and Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei Sound X Bluetooth Speaker and Microphone: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a Huawei Sound X speaker connected on my computer via bluetooth. I hear sounds clear, but my Windows 10 Pro & 11 Pro can not recognize it as microphone.I will be glad with your solution proposal....
  5. PLEASE help me. My microphone is reflecting the sound to my speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE help me. My microphone is reflecting the sound to my speakers.: I understand that pink port is for microphone, light green for speakers and blue for line in.My speaker is connected to the green port, I connected my external microphone to the pink port, and there is no sound being picked up. I used an adpater that comes with the mic which...
  6. PLEASE help me. My microphone is reflecting the sound to my speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLEASE help me. My microphone is reflecting the sound to my speakers.: I understand that pink port is for microphone, light green for speakers and blue for line in.My speaker is connected to the green port, I connected my external microphone to the pink port, and there is no sound being picked up. I used an adpater that comes with the mic which...
  7. My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel: Hello everyone !I have a little problem yesterday mi microphone rode was working perfectly, it was plugged on the only headphone available on my laptop and my headphones on an usb sound card, but today after plugging my microphone it was not working anymore, I tried to find...
  8. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  9. Teams and my microphone

Teams and my microphone: Teams does not recognise my microphone. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teams-and-my-microphone/ce12132b-e68c-42bd-94ef-481ab8bc9f67
  10. Upgrade Killed My Sound !

Upgrade Killed My Sound !: I just ran that Windows Upgrade thing on my system disk to see if it would fix a problem I've got. It didn't. And now there's no sound at all. It's win10, of course and the mobo is an Asus H170 pro using the onboard sound. What do you think? Ive got to go back to...