Windows 10: Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Discus and support Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shaw_DAWN, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Shaw_DAWN Win User

Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it. Microphone is working just fine as always.

Device Name - Lenovo 80D

OS - Windows 10 latest build

:)

Shaw_DAWN, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Shaw_DAWN Win User

Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it. Microphone is working just fine as always.

Device Name - Lenovo 80D

OS - Windows 10 latest build

Shaw_DAWN, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Ertrugrul Win User
    My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam - Similar Threads - Teams detecting internal

2. webcam and Teams not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam and Teams not working: the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web...
  3. External Driver being detected as internal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Driver being detected as internal: Here is some of the info needed.I'm currently using bootcamp on MACOS, I tested the SSD outside of windows and works just fine. also the windows OS is a fresh installI already tried: uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling windows, editing registry, removing the letter,...
  4. External Driver being detected as internal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Driver being detected as internal: Here is some of the info needed.I'm currently using bootcamp on MACOS, I tested the SSD outside of windows and works just fine. also the windows OS is a fresh installI already tried: uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling windows, editing registry, removing the letter,...
  5. External Driver being detected as internal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. External webcam speakers not detected in output sound

External webcam speakers not detected in output sound: I've got a Toshiba laptop it's a older version all the drivers are up to date as I have checked from the manufacturer website. I've got a Logitech c920 external webcam everything is fine except it does not show up in playback sound does not show up in output sound does not...
  7. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  8. Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app: I have a Hp Elitebook 8570p where the webcam does not work in the Teams app (only black when turning it on). The camera is also not listed in the device manager. It works on other apps and when I use Teams in edge it also works. I also looked online but I could not find...
  9. External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power

External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power: I have an external webcam, brand new, that is receiving power from as indicated from the red power led on it but when I plug it in, Windows does not detect that anything was connected. No sound effect, doesn't show up in devices so I can't "update the drivers", internet...
  10. Internal Webcam

Internal Webcam: Hi there, like many others here my internal webcam is not working. It does not show up in Device Manager under any of the sub menus. I've watched and read countless videos and articles on how to get it working and nothing helps. I suspect the main issue is that I am missing...