Windows 10: Teams notifications won't go away

Discus and support Teams notifications won't go away in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel J McKelvey, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Teams notifications won't go away

In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice that it left a persistent notification on my Chat app that I had 1 unread item. I went into the Teams app and tried to remove the meeting or mark it unread so that it wouldn't show as having a notification on the taskbar, but it won't let me delete the meeting - it takes me to a screen where I confirm if I want to del

:)

Daniel J McKelvey, Nov 13, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 13, 2021
  3. reelyard Win User
    Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

When you receive a message through Microsoft teams you get a toast notification and the icon flashes. You can choose to have these notifications enabled or not. However, when the "banner" notification is disabled the toolbar icon does not flash at all.

Is there is a way to disable the toast notification but keep the flashing toolbar icon intact?

I have disabled all notifications in the Notifications settings within Windows 10, but the toast notifications are still showing.

Edit

This screenshot is to confirm that Microsoft Teams does not show up within the Notifications & Actions settings window:

Teams notifications won't go away 6nWD9.png

Edit 2

The version of Teams I have installed is 1.1.00.10955 (64 bit). It was last updated on 04/05/2018.

Edit 3

There is now a suggestion on Microsoft's User Voice forum surrounding this feature. You can follow it here: Community

reelyard, Nov 13, 2021
  4. Ramhound Win User

Teams notifications won't go away

Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

It appears what you want will not be possible.

Based on, Notifications in MS Teams, the following is true.

The user concluded the following:

So it appears that toast notifications for Microsoft Teams cannot be disabled, still keep the taskbar icon flashing. It's possible the toast notifications still appearing, in the Activity Center even after they are turned off for all applications, is actually a bug with Microsoft Teams though.

Ramhound, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Teams notifications won't go away

1. Teams notifications won't go away - Similar Threads - Teams notifications won't

2. Live Caption notification - won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Caption notification - won't go away: Hi,Not sure if anyone is having this issue, but am getting an annoying notification that comes up above Live Captions saying:''Captions are being missed. Try closing some applications to improve performance''Then I press 'Got it'However, it comes coming back every time I...
  3. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  4. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  5. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  6. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  7. "All apps" notification won't go away

8. Teams notifications won't go away

Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  9. Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?: When I get notifications from Google Chrome(like a new upload from my YouTube subscriptions) they do not disappear on their own. However, when I get other notifications like a discord message, it will go away after a few seconds. This is extremely annoying especially in...
  10. Action Center Notifications Won't Go Away

Action Center Notifications Won't Go Away: I'm having this problem with the action center where it shows that there are five unread notifications, but whenever I click on the icon it shows no new notifications, and when I close it, the five notifications are still there. This isn't really a critical issue, but it...