Windows 10: Teams turn off notifications

Discus and support Teams turn off notifications in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Daughter is back at school remotely using Teams Teacher asks a question and all the students reply This then rapidly obscures the chat window with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by robgr, Jan 5, 2021.

1. robgr Win User

Teams turn off notifications

Daughter is back at school remotely using Teams
    Teacher asks a question and all the students reply
    This then rapidly obscures the chat window with notifications
    Answer is turn off notifications but when 'More options' is selected for any of the original messages the 'Turn off notifications' option is missing (as are other options)
    Any ideas?

:)

robgr, Jan 5, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

It appears what you want will not be possible.

Based on, Notifications in MS Teams, the following is true.

The user concluded the following:

So it appears that toast notifications for Microsoft Teams cannot be disabled, still keep the taskbar icon flashing. It's possible the toast notifications still appearing, in the Activity Center even after they are turned off for all applications, is actually a bug with Microsoft Teams though.

Ramhound, Jan 5, 2021
  4. reelyard Win User

Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

When you receive a message through Microsoft teams you get a toast notification and the icon flashes. You can choose to have these notifications enabled or not. However, when the "banner" notification is disabled the toolbar icon does not flash at all.

Is there is a way to disable the toast notification but keep the flashing toolbar icon intact?

I have disabled all notifications in the Notifications settings within Windows 10, but the toast notifications are still showing.

Edit

This screenshot is to confirm that Microsoft Teams does not show up within the Notifications & Actions settings window:

Teams turn off notifications 6nWD9.png

Edit 2

The version of Teams I have installed is 1.1.00.10955 (64 bit). It was last updated on 04/05/2018.

Edit 3

There is now a suggestion on Microsoft's User Voice forum surrounding this feature. You can follow it here: Turn off message preview in notification toast

reelyard, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Teams turn off notifications - Similar Threads - Teams turn off

2. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  3. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  4. Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off: I have turned off EVERY setting I can find to make Teams notifications not pop-up on my main screen whenever a team member comments in chat, or posts anything. No matter what I turn off/on, both in Teams settings for notifications and my local computer notifications, it...
  5. Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off

Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off: I have turned off EVERY setting I can find to make Teams notifications not pop-up on my main screen whenever a team member comments in chat, or posts anything. No matter what I turn off/on, both in Teams settings for notifications and my local computer notifications, it...
  6. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  7. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  8. turn off notification?

turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  9. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955