Windows 10: Teamviewer Issue

Discus and support Teamviewer Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I may have set up Teamviewer wrong on my in-laws computer. I chose the free and personal use option during the install, but every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeaconFrost, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Teamviewer Issue

I think I may have set up Teamviewer wrong on my in-laws computer. I chose the free and personal use option during the install, but every time I connect to their computer, I get a message about how customized modules are only a feature of the paid version, so I'm limited to 5 minutes at a time. Then, after 5 minutes, I'm disconnected, and I have to wait a while before I am able to connect again.

So, what gives? I am almost certain I used the host only instructions for their system.

:)

DeaconFrost, Mar 28, 2016

2. On teamviewer

How to access teamviewer?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

harshithakamma, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Teamviewer Issue

Maybe you have downloaded MSI installer, which is for corporate use only, who knows.
    Within those 5 mins, download and setup portable temporarily, then reinstall TeamViewer.

TairikuOkami, Mar 28, 2016
  5. I'm currently in using my corporate account with GoToAssist. I'll remove what I have installed and try again!

DeaconFrost, Mar 28, 2016
  6. That did the trick. I'm not sure why, as I only had the Host module installed before. I verified this before the uninstall, but it is working now, so I am not going to argue with results.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Teamviewer Issue

1. Teamviewer Issue - Similar Threads - Teamviewer Issue

2. Remote Access program like TeamViewer for home personal use that is FR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Access program like TeamViewer for home personal use that is FR: Need a Remote Access program like TeamViewer for home personal use that is FREE. I just use it to go into my 2 sisters computers when they have a problem or they want to share something with me and we watch together. Been with TeamViewer for about 3 years and now I keep...
  3. TeamViewer expired - I need massive help for alternative.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TeamViewer expired - I need massive help for alternative.: Hi guys. I am a student and I use my computer through teamviewer from work. I change buildings sometimes and I need this to survive. All the computers at work are locked and I cannot install anything apart from chrome apps. I tried Chrome Remote desktop however it needs...
  4. Windows script to download and install teamviewer

Windows script to download and install teamviewer: Occasionally i help friends with with occasional problems on their computers using TeamViewer. Most of the time, it is too difficult for them even to download quicksupport file and run the saved file! Is there any way to run a script that automatically downloads and...
  5. AUTO start/turn off of PC at work, is this possible? If so, how do I do it? (TeamViewer)

AUTO start/turn off of PC at work, is this possible? If so, how do I do it? (TeamViewer): What I'd like to do is set up a PC at work that turns itself on at 8:30 and turns itself of at 14:00. I already tried to follow a couple guides online and to make a .bat (?) file with some copy/pasted stuff, I know it sounds like dangerous but it seemed ok, it was 1 line...
  6. how can i tell if teamviewer is on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i tell if teamviewer is on my computer: how can i tell if teamviewer is on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-if-teamviewer-is-on-my-computer/20d02f1c-4e98-4ab9-b29c-92de5bc23ad6
  7. TeamViewer program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TeamViewer program: How do I find out if teamViewer is on my computer and my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teamviewer-program/8035c02a-1d5b-4e7a-b979-6f2571492e53
  8. Using remote desktop or Teamviewer or Anydesk to manage 2 different networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using remote desktop or Teamviewer or Anydesk to manage 2 different networks: Hello Experts, I have a network video recorder that has an Ethernet Port and 16 embedded PoE ports. I have a dozen ip cameras plugged into the PoE ports and another 10 cameras plugged into a desktop switch that connects this recorder to these remote cameras. I...
  9. Had it with teamviewer - how to make them unnecessary

Had it with teamviewer - how to make them unnecessary: Hi there seems to me that teamviewer are getting more aggro in what they consider "private" usage -- so I decided to give the 2 fingered "Churchill Salute" and say why do I need you guys any more. The main problem with remote computer communication is to get your public IP...
  10. Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?: I've been using TeamViewer (TV) since v4. At the time I convinced my IT management to license it for us to use against more than 6,000 corporate desktops. Fast forward to now... many, many years on and I'm now retired. I've still been using TeamViewer with just family and...