Windows 10: Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not.

Discus and support Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was unable to get WOL working (Asus H270-Plus with Realtek RTL8168H LAN). I am not set up as a "Home Group"(it is set as Workplace) , but WOL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phil Lloyd, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not.

I was unable to get WOL working (Asus H270-Plus with Realtek RTL8168H LAN).

I am not set up as a "Home Group"(it is set as Workplace) , but WOL always works on the 3 other computers (2 Win 10 & one old Win7) simply by typing in the network name or using shortcuts I made in my start menu.
    (I even had an old XP that i would access the same way hooked in here).
    So, I blamed the Realtek / ASUS, and myself for not figuring the settings, but I tried changing every BIOS setting on this Asus H270 rig, including using different drivers and nothing would work.

I noticed a WOL feature in Teamviewer, so I enabled that and Teamviewer will wake that ASUS rig from another computer when i click the "wake" button in Teamviewer. (??!!)

I notice that the LAN light is staying on, so I now suspect a windows networking access failure.
    (I did not check that the light in early attempts a few months back).
    So, LAN is powered on (and of course not even TViewer would be able to overcome that!)

So, I am wondering what method Teamviewer uses (some "Black Magic Packet" ? LOL), and if anyone here might have a clue what the difference is.
    I plan to go the Teamviewer route in search of an answer as well, but thought I'd check here too *Smile

[EDIT] One other thing ... i am not waking the ASUS PC via it's public address, but via LAN (in case there is an idea about the public address working but no the LAN method). I had it set to any, but switched it to "exclusive" for testing this.

:)

Phil Lloyd, Dec 13, 2017

2. TeamViewer 10.0.45471.0 Causes Windows 10 Computers To Wake Up Constantly

Instead of searching for and replying in each thread about a constant wake-up problem with Windows 10, as I have already done twice this morning, I am posting this in the hope that anyone using TeamViewer will see this. The release noted in the title of
    this message has a bug that causes the waking up of computers.

A new release, which fixes the problem, was posted on the TeamViewer site 7August2015.

GawainTheGreenGiant, Dec 13, 2017
  3. Wake on lan not working

Hi

I am trying to configure wake on lan.

First i tried using teamviewer but failed, now tried an app downloaded from windows store and still nothing.

I have checked that all settings in BIOS and device manager are correct and tried setting up forwarding port in my router.

HELP PLEASE

casperstrøm, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not.

Hi Phil.

You didn't mention it but likely you did check the Power Management tab on the Realtek Network adapter to see that it was set?

Caledon Ken, Dec 14, 2017
Thema:

Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not.

1. Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not. - Similar Threads - Teamviewer wakes computer

2. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers not waking on LAN command: Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB...
  3. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computers not waking on LAN command: Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB...
  4. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Wake-On-Lan does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake-On-Lan does not work: Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I did so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI (there is only one option for this in my UEFI) - On my network adapter (Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties)...
  6. Wake-On-Lan does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake-On-Lan does not work: Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I id so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI there is only one option for this in my UEFI - On my network adapter Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties on the...
  7. Wake on Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Lan: Hi everyone. I have a Chatreey AN1 AMD Ryzen R3 Mini PC with a Realtek NiC. Windows 10 is installed. I can't for the life of me get it to wake on LAN. There are no LEDs in the NIC when the device is off. Should there be blinking LEDs? I've updated the drivers, turned on...
  8. Wake on LAN ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake on LAN ???: What setting do I need to change when this WakeOnLAN ONLY works if the pc to be started via LAN is cut of from power ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-on-lan/7f39da08-e6f1-410a-afd8-0c598be75319
  9. Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on LAN: I am trying to set Wake On LAN up. Specs are router Nighthawk R7000 motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING Not sure if other specs are needed? process Switched Power On By PCI-E/PCI on in the bios turned Wake on magic packet enabled Checked with wireshark that...
  10. Wake on Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on Lan: Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469